We will be taking a closer look at where you can find healthy food and restaurants in Tucson today. We’ll do our best to cover all of the best locations near you to acquire nutritious foods so you will feel as good as possible when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area will get things going and vegetable lovers have plenty of options in this town. Other local healthy restaurants will come next, as well as nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious things at Tucson health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to be in control of how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will follow, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets will wrap it up.
Towards the end there will even be a healthy foods map that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. If you’re interested you can also check out our other posts on the Southwest area of the world at that link.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants would be:
- Lovin’ Spoonfuls Vegan Restaurant at 2990 N Campbell Ave #120
- Zinman’s Food Shop & Vegan Bistro at 111 W 4th St
- Urban Fresh at 73 E Pennington St
- Tumerico at 2526 E 6th St
Since 2005 Lovin’ Spoonfuls has been serving delicious vegan comfort food near you. Urban Fresh provides animal-free take-out or dine-in meals that are cooked with little or no oil, a tiny quantity of salt and sugar, and avoids manufactured meals.
In addition the bulk of their produce is either organic or obtained from the region. Tumerico excels at vegan and vegetarian Latin-inspired cuisine using fresh, organic, local, and unprocessed ingredients.
Tucson Healthy Restaurants
You can also try other healthy restaurants in Tucson like:
- Govindas Natural Foods Buffet at 711 E Blacklidge Dr
- Pita Jungle at 5340 E Broadway Blvd #100
- Eclectic Cafe at 7053 E Tanque Verde Rd
- Rush Bowls at 1058 N Campbell Ave
Govindas has been offering delectable vegetarian cuisine in your area since 1992. There are several vegetarian and gluten-free options to choose from at The Eclectic Café.
Andrew Pudalov offers delightful meals made with the freshest fruit, granola, and honey as well as protein, vitamins, and other nutrients to help you live a healthy lifestyle.
Salad Bars In Your Area
There will be plenty of nutritious foods to choose from at salad bars near you:
- Silver Saddle Steakhouse at 310 E Benson Hwy
- Fresco Pizzeria & Pastaria at 3011 E Speedway Blvd
- Baggin’s Gourmet at 7233 E Speedway Blvd
Those local restaurants with good salads have so many options we can’t even begin to list them all. We suggest you look at those links and check out their menu to see if they sell the right salads that you are searching for.
Silver Saddle Restaurant has a variety of sandwiches, burgers, grilled pastrami, Staked Ham, and turkey to choose from along with a great salad bar. Al fresco salads, garlic bread, boneless wings, Bressel and bacon, roasted tomato bisque, meat balls ricotta, roasted vegetables, dips and sauces, pasta, stromboli, calzones, hot subs, cold subs, pizzas, byo pizzas, desserts prepared in house, and drinks are all available at Pastaria & Pizzeria.
Gourmet cobb, Asian chicken, chef, chicken Caesar, bread bowl salad, almond chicken, almond albacore tuna salad, and gourmet garden are some of the most ordered salads at Baggin’s Gourmet.
Great soups can be found at these restaurants:
- Noodleholics at 3502 E Grant Rd
- Bison Witches at 326 N 4th Ave
- Tumerico at 2526 E 6th St
- Saigon Phở at 943 E University Blvd
There are so many varieties of healthy soups near you at the above restaurants that we would fill up this page if we tried to list them all. It is probably best if you follow those links to see if they have the healthy soups that you desire. Cream of potato bacon, cream of broccoli, Wisconsin cheese, Boston clam chowder, chili, and bread bowl soups are excellent options at Bison witches.
Duck soup, beef and chicken bun, and egg noddle soup are all available at Saigon Pho who is also adept at offering many salad variations.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these local health food stores and markets:
- Food Conspiracy Co-op at 412 N 4th Ave
- Natural Grocers at 3016 E Broadway Blvd
- Sprouts Farmers Market at 3860 W River Rd
- Whole Foods Market at 3360 E Speedway Blvd
- Aqua Vita Market at 2801 N Country Club Rd
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are quite a few Tucson smoothie and juice shops too:
- Fruit Shack Smoothies Yogurt & Juice Bar at 5420 E Brodway Blvd #234
- Berry Greens Acai & Juice Bar at 245 E Congress St #159
- Nekter Juice Bar at 2501 E Grant Rd
- Pure Love Juice at 1980 E River Rd
- Goodness Fresh Food & Juice Bar at 2502 N Campbell Ave
You can expect to find a wide variety of healthy smoothies and juices in your area at any of the above. If you are after any particular juice, smoothie, bowl, or other health food check out the links we gave and see if they are on their menu.
Fresh fruit and vegetables are available at Nekter Juice Bar in a variety of tasty fruit-based or earthy flavors to suit everyone’s tastes and health needs. Zinman’s from our first list also has a nice healthy food shop too.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in your area should have plenty of good things to try:
- Dedicated A Gluten Free Bakery at 4500 E Speedway Blvd #41
- Gourmet Girls Gluten Free Bakery/Bistro at 5845 N Oracle Rd
- Zeal Patisserie at 1525 N Wilmot Rd
Dedicated a Gluten Free Bakery is a family-owned and run bakery and café that serves cream puffs, pastries, breads, cookies, pies, and more.
We have also written about:
- Phoenix Healthy Eating Guide
- San Diego Healthy Eating Guide
- El Paso Healthy Eating Guide
- Albuquerque & Santa Fe Healthy Eating Guide
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Tucson
After learning about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Tucson.