We are all about to go on a deep dive into where you can find healthy food and restaurants in Los Angeles. We’ll do our best to cover all of the best locations near you to acquire nutritious foods so you will feel as good as possible when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area will get things going and vegetable lovers have plenty of options in this town. Other local healthy restaurants will come next, as well as nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious things at Los Angeles health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to be in control of how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will follow, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets will wrap it up.
Towards the end there will even be a healthy foods map that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. If you’re interested you can also check out our other posts on this part of the country at that link.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants would be:
- Real Food Daily at 414 N La Cienega Blvd
- Âu Lạc at 710 W 1st St
- Little Pine at 2870 Rowena Ave
- The Vegan Joint at 707 E 10th St
- Seabirds Kitchen at 975 E 4th St, Long Beach
- VBurger at 420 Cherry Ave, Long Beach
- The Wild Chive at 2650 E Broadway, Long Beach
- True Seasons Organic Kitchen at 5675 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim
- The Wheel of Life at 14370 Culver Dr #2G, Irvine
- Veggie Grill at 732 Spectrum Center Dr, Irvine
- Satdha at 2218 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica
Real Food Daily is an organic plant based restaurant in your area serving high quality, authentic, innovative and nutritionally sound menu from 11am on weekdays and from 10am on weekends.
Âu Lạc is open from 12pm to 9pm Tuesday through Sunday offering unique vegan meals that are Vietnamese and Asian inspired.
Inventive and delectable plant based cuisine crafted using some of the finest vegan ingredients are available at Little Pine.
A wide variety of cuisines particularly Thai vegan fare in addition to breakfast burritos, pancakes, and hash browns are prepared all day at The Vegan Joint from 9am to 4pm Monday through Saturday.
Vegan foods in Long Beach that are made from fresh produce with unique and innovative flavorful combinations are served at Seabirds Kitchen from 11am on weekdays and from 10am on weekends.
VBurger delivers 100% plant based burgers, chili, mac and cheese, burritos, and more as well as certified vegan beer and wine, smoothies, and strong soda from 12pm to 7pm Thursday through Monday.
Innovative and delightful local vegan and vegetarian food options are a must try at The Wild Chive from 10am to 2:45pm Wednesday through Sunday.
True Seasons Organic Kitchen is open every day from 11am to 9pm serving hot pots, ramen, pho noodle soup, and other classic soups cooked with farm fresh organic ingredients and with alternatives in Anaheim that are vegan and free from gluten.
The Wheel of Life offers vegetarian Thai food in Irvine that is 100% vegan and they are open from 11am Tuesday through Friday and from 11:30 on weekends.
Delicious vegan burgers, sandwiches, salads, bowls, and other delectable plant based meals are prepared at Veggie Grill every day from 11am.
Satdha is open from 4pm to 9pm Tuesday through Sunday serving vegan Thai delights in Santa Monica.
Los Angeles Healthy Restaurants
You can also try other healthy restaurants in Los Angeles like:
- Honey Hi at 1620 Sunset Blvd
- Amazebowls at 300 S Santa Fe Ave
- Stamp Proper Foods at 4500 Los Feliz Blvd, Hillhurst Ave #C
- Backyard Bowls at 8303 Beverly Blvd
- Under The Sun at 244 E 3rd St, Long Beach
- Lazy Bird at 143 W Center St Promenade, Anaheim
- Lemonade Restaurant at 2967 Michelson Dr #H, Irvine
- Blue Bowl Superfoods at 4255 Campus Dr #A104, Irvine
- Kye’s at 1518 Montana Ave, Santa Monica
Honey Hi is a great healthy restaurant in Los Angeles that is open every day from 9am to 4pm featuring organic veggies from small farms in addition to pancakes, French toast, and sandwiches that are made from nutrient dense flours that are gluten free including buckwheat and hazelnut.
Amazebowls creates vegan, fruit forward, all natural açaí, and smoothie bowls produced from 100% fruits and that are free from processed sugar, dairy, or juice while opening every day at 8am.
You can try more great healthy foods with fresh ingredients near you every day from 8am to 8pm along with some organic options at Stamp Proper Foods plus they have gluten free pasta choices.
Backyard Bowls is an innovative restaurant serving acai bowls, hot porridges, smoothies, and other healthy, delicious, high quality, and quick meal options every day from 8am to 5pm.
Under The Sun is a local vegan café in Long Beach that is open from 10am daily offering smoothies, tonic drinks, dinners, and desserts made with premium organic ingredients like herbs that were carefully cultivated and harvested as well as small batch artisanal products.
Various nutritious dishes made with high quality organic ingredients are available at Lazy Bird in Anaheim from 10am to 4pm on weekdays and until 5pm on weekends.
Lemonade Restaurant prepares plenty of mouthwatering meals, bowls, sides, and desserts with some alternatives that are vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free in Irvine from 10am to 9pm daily.
Blue Bowl is a customized superfood café in your area serving quick and nutritious meals along with a variety of delicious bowls from 9am to 6pm Monday through Saturday and until 4pm on Sunday.
There are many gluten free, 90% vegan, 100% grain free, and paleo and keto friendly meals in Santa Monica offered at Kye’s from 10am to 8pm on weekdays and from 11am to 7pm on weekends.
Salad Bars In Your Area
There will be plenty of nutritious foods to choose from at salad bars near you:
- Simply Salad at 645 W 9th St #106
- Salad Farm at 2210 S Figueroa St #2049
- Mixt at 5757 Wilshire Blvd
- Salata at 735 S Figueroa St #121
- Croutons at 17927 MacArthur Blvd, Irvine
- Herb & Ranch at 5301 California Ave #140, Irvine
- Greens Up at 703 Montana Ave, Santa Monica
- Mrs. Winston’s at 2450 Colorado Ave #1040 W, Santa Monica
Simply Salad prepares customizable salad and wrap selections from 10am to 8pm on weekends and from 11am to 4pm on weekends.
A completely new concept of fresh and healthy dining near you is featured at SaladFarm from 10am to 4pm on weekdays.
Mixt offers plant based cuisine from a wide variety of delicious chef-crafted salads, grain bowls, and market plates from 11am to 9pm daily.
Fully customizable tossed-to-order local salads and wraps selections with over 60 fresh veggies, fruits, cheese, and protein toppings are freshly prepared at Salata from 11am to 6:30pm on weekdays and until 4pm on weekends.
Croutons serves fast, casual, fresh, tasty, and healthy food choices in Irvine like made-to-order salads, sandwiches, and soups from 10:30am to 7pm on weekdays and from 11:30am to 5pm on weekends.
You can select various classic food choices like the salsa verde breakfast burritos, Caprese sandwiches, delectable wraps, and farm fresh salads at Herb and Ranch’s breakfast and lunch menus from 7:30am to 3pm on weekdays.
Greens Up makes freshly produced salads in a matter of minutes with homemade dressings in small batches every day from 11am until 9pm.
Mrs. Winston’s prepares fresh customizable salads, sandwiches, smoothies, juices, and excellent soups from 8am to 3pm on weekdays.
Great soups can be found at these restaurants:
- Pho Saigon Pearl at 519 S Fairfax Ave
- Pa Ord Noodle at 5301 W Sunset Blvd #8-9
- Sulga House of Bone Broth at 4451 Beverly Blvd
- S.T. Noodle Bar at 4152 Norse Way, Long Beach
- Soup Shop at 214 S State College Blvd, Anaheim
- Súp Noodle Bar at 14370 Culver Dr #2H, Irvine
The classic menu at Pho Saigon Pearl includes traditional Saigon meals made with fresh ingredients and their delicious pho which is available from 12pm to 9pm daily.
Pa Ord serves traditional Thai cuisine and satisfying noodle dishes every day from 11am to 10pm.
The nutritious and authentic Korean fare is a must try at Sulga House of Bone Broth from 11am Monday through Saturday.
S.T. Noodle Bar is a Thai restaurant serving not just their distinctive noodle meals but also some great local healthy soups, salads, rice, and desserts every day from 11am.
Flavorful traditional Vietnamese foods are available at Soup Shop every day from 11am until 1:30am.
Súp Noodle Bar is open every day from 11am providing a unique experience for pho enthusiasts and foodies in general.
Other places we have mentioned throughout the post that have excellent soups are True Seasons Organic Kitchen, Croutons, and Mrs. Winston’s.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these local health food stores and markets:
- Rainbow Acres Natural Foods at 13208 Washington Blvd
- Simply Wholesome at 4508 W Slauson Ave
- Lassens at 1631 Sunset Blvd
- Lazy Acres Market at 2080 Bellflower Blvd, Long Beach
- Nutritious Hope at 918 S Magnolia Ave #G, Anaheim
- Heartland at 13925 Yale Ave #100, Irvine
- Erewhon at 2800 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica
Rainbow Acres Natural Foods is a family owned one stop grocery shop with a juice bar, deli, and a natural pharmacy selling healthy foods in your area. They are open from 7am to 9pm Monday through Saturday and from 8am on Sunday.
Simply Wholesome serves fresh and high quality cuisine with vegan and vegetarian options from 8am to 10pm Monday through Saturday and from 10am to 9pm on Sunday.
Lassens provides 100% organic produce and healthier selections of minimally processed and additive free foods and supplements from 8am to 5pm on weekdays.
Organic products for maximum health and wellness in addition to seasonal produce, traditional items, functional supplements, and body care products in Long Beach are available at Lazy Acres from 7am to 10pm daily.
Various selections of natural product brands, organic superfoods, green foods, vegan, organic nutritional products, herbs, essential oils, skin care items, local honey, and sports nutrition are offered at Nutritious Hope in Anaheim from 9:30am to 6pm on weekdays and until 4pm on Sunday.
Heartland sells organic and natural foods in Irvine made with chemical free ingredients. They are open from 11am Tuesday through Saturday.
Erewhon provides not just healthy food items but also pure organic products every day from 7am to 10pm.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are quite a few Los Angeles smoothie and juice shops too:
- Qwench Juice Bar at 1528 N Vermont Ave
- Naturewell Vegan Juice & Smoothies at 3824 Sunset Blvd
- Earth Organic Juice Bar at 1753 Hillhurst Ave
- LA Press at 824 S La Brea Ave
- The Punchbowl at 4645 Melbourne Ave
- Sweet Grass Sugarcane Juice at 3545 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach
- Robeks Fresh Juices & Smoothies at 1212 N Bellflower Blvd, Long Beach
- Scoop & Juice at 512 S Brookhurst St #4, Anaheim
- Nekter Juice Bar at 3959 Portola Pkwy, Irvine
- Main Squeeze at 2727 Main St, Santa Monica
- Rejuice at 3238 Pico Blvd, Santa Monica
Other places we have mentioned throughout the post that are known to make great healthy smoothies in LA include VBurger, Amazebowls, Backyard Bowls, Under The Sun, and Mrs. Winston’s.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in your area should have plenty of good things to try:
- Cake Girl at 2100 1st St
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery at 236 N Larchmont Blvd
- Twice Baked at 8185 E Wardlow Rd, Long Beach
- Sprinkles at 1580 S Disneyland Dr # G105, Anaheim
- Layer Cake Bakery at 4250 Barranca Pkwy #I, Irvine
- Breadblok at 1511 Montana Ave, Santa Monica
Cake Girl prepares 100% vegan baked goods near you that are free from gluten, wheat, dairy, egg, nut, and soy from 10:30am to 6pm Monday through Saturday.
Delectable vegan and gluten free cakes, cupcakes, and other sweet treats are available at Erin McKenna’s Bakery every day from 8am.
Artisanal baked items that are vegan and free from gluten and dairy in Long Beach are sold at Twice Baked from 11am to 6pm Tuesday through Saturday.
Sprinkles specializes in freshly made cupcakes and other sweet treats with some options that are gluten free in Anaheim from 11am to 12am daily.
Layer Cake Bakery is an Irvine café selling cakes for weddings and birthdays as well as sliced cakes, desserts, brunch items, and specialty coffee along with some gluten free alternatives.
Breadblok makes gluten free gourmet breads and pastries made with some of the finest and purest ingredients for a health conscious lifestyle that are available from 7am to 5pm daily.
We have also written about:
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten-Free Bakeries in San Diego
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten-Free Bakeries in Riverside & San Bernardino
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten-Free Bakeries in Las Vegas
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten-Free Bakeries in Phoenix
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Los Angeles
After learning about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Los Angeles.