Today we are going to be going on a deep dive into where to find healthy food and restaurants in Albuquerque and Santa Fe. We will try to cover all of the best places to get nutritious food in your area so that you can feel as good as possible after your meal.
Kicking things off will be the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants. Mom always told you to eat your vegetables, well you certainly will be able to at these great venues.
Then we will get into some other healthy restaurants near you, plus discuss good salad bars and restaurants with good soups. Albuquerque health food stores and markets will follow them up, buying nutritious foods and cooking meals yourself is a great way to know just how good your diet really is.
Smoothies and juice shops will come next, and we will get you out of here with a few gluten free bakeries that should also have plenty of low sugar sweets and treats. Stick around for our local healthy foods map at the end that will have all the places we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
Plus you are welcome to read our other posts on the region at that link if you are interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in Albuquerque and Santa Fe would be:
- Thai Vegan at 5505 Osuna Rd NE
- The Acre at 4410 Wyoming Blvd NE
- Vegos at 4003 Carlisle Blvd NE
- Thai Heritage & Vegan at 3804 Central Ave SE
- Annapurna’s World Vegetarian Café at 1620 St Michaels Dr, Santa Fe
- Ras Rody’s Jamaican Vegan at 1312 Agua Fria St, Santa Fe
Thai Vegan makes wraps, burgers, and Thai staples. Vegan and vegetarian comfort dishes are the specialty at The Acre.
Annapurna’s is a café serving made from scratch local vegan, vegetarian, soy free, and gluten free meals. Ras Rody’s Jamaican Vegan is a family owned and operated food truck specializing in juices, smoothies, and plant based Jamaican cuisine.
Albuquerque & Santa Fe Healthy Restaurants
More healthy restaurants in your area are:
- La Finca Bowls at 300 Broadway Blvd NE G
- Rocket Kitchen at 7900 San Pedro Dr NE # A
- The Grove Cafe & Market at 600 Central Ave SE # A
- Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen at 1512 Pacheco St Bldg B, Santa Fe
- Apothecary Restaurant at 133 W San Francisco St, Santa Fe
La Finca Bowls excels at providing custom vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free protein bowls. American breakfast and lunch favorites are served at The Grove Cafe & Market. Apothecary Restaurant serves globally inspired cuisine with vegan and vegetarian options.
Salad Bars Near You
These local salad bars should have plenty of nutritious foods to choose from:
- Vinaigrette at 1828 Central Ave SW
- Metro Subs, Soup & Salad at 2300 Morris St NE
- Tomato Café at 7900 San Pedro Dr NE
- Vinaigrette at 709 Don Cubero Alley, Santa Fe
You can design your own salads as well as choose from tasty soups and sandwiches at Vinaigrette. Some of the best subs, salads, soups, and plenty more are available at Metro.
Tomato Cafe offers all you can eat Italian cuisine including fresh hand cut salads and vegetables, homemade soups, handcrafted pizzas, pastas, sauces, cooked vegetables, meatballs, ravioli, and ice creams. Don’t forget about Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen’s healthy salads from our previous list.
These restaurants are known for their great soups:
Annie’s Soup Kitchen has been making a fine selection of soups, quiches, sandwiches, and homemade desserts every day in a casual setting since 1973. Hearty plates of creative breakfast favorites and soups as well as regional lunch and dinner specialties are served at Tune-Up Café. Other places in this post serving high quality soups near you include Vinaigrette, Tomato Café, and Metro Subs, Soup & Salad.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these Albuquerque health food stores and markets:
- Sprouts Farmers Market at 5112 Lomas Blvd NE
- Natural Grocers at 4420 Wyoming Blvd NE
- Whole Foods Market at 2103 Carlisle Blvd NE
There is another Whole Foods Market in your area at North Towne Plaza too, but we don’t like listing the same chains twice.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are plenty of smoothie and juice shops near you:
- Squeezed Juice Bar at 7900 San Pedro Dr NE # A12
- Beets Juice Bar and Café at 3821 Menaul Blvd NE # J
- Juice It Up! at 9311 Coors Blvd NW # 67
- Keva Juice at 1450 Montaño Rd NE # B
- Verde at 851 W San Mateo Rd, Santa Fe
Juice It Up! is one of the go to spots for healthy smoothies, fresh juices, superfruit bowls, and non dairy mixes. Smoothies, freshly squeezed juices, and frozen yogurts are also available at Keva.
You can also head to Verde for juices and shots made from organic fruits and vegetables. Ras Rody’s Jamaican Vegan from our top list makes really good smoothies near you.
Gluten Free Bakeries In Your Area
Enjoy some fresh baked goodness at these gluten free bakeries:
Whole grain wheat breads and muffins are available at Great Harvest. Revolution Bakery makes high quality handmade gluten free breads and pastries.
You can also read our posts on:
- Soup & Salad Bars in El Paso
- Soup & Salad Bars in Tucson
- Soup & Salad Bars in Phoenix
- Soup & Salad Bars in San Antonio
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Albuquerque
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
While we try our best to keep these posts updated it isn’t easy, if you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Albuquerque and Santa Fe.