Where you can find healthy food and restaurants in Minneapolis and St Paul will be discussed in full detail for you today. We’ll do our best to cover all of the best locations near you to acquire nutritious foods so you will feel as good as possible when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area will get things going and vegetable lovers have plenty of options in this town. Other local healthy restaurants will come next, as well as nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious things at Minneapolis and St Paul health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to be in control of how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will follow, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets will wrap it up.
Towards the end there will even be a map that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. If you’re interested you can also check out all of our Midwest healthy restaurant and stores guides at that link.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants would be:
- Foxy Falafel at 791 Raymond Ave
- Namaste Café at 2512 Hennepin Ave
- Trio Plant-Based at 610 W Lake St
- Selby’s at 169 Victoria St, St Paul
Insane Vegan at 971 Arcade St, St Paul
- Cantina Laredo at 300 West Market, Bloomington
- Piada Italian Street Food at 60 E Broadway N 326, Bloomington
- Biaggi’s at 12051 Elm Creek Blvd N, Maple Grove
Foxy Falafel is a Mediterranean restaurant offering an organic menu with vegan options in your area. Nepalese cuisine with plenty of vegetarian and vegan options as well as herbal teas are provided at Namaste Café.
Trio Plant Based is a modern local vegan cafe serving hearty plant based fare ranging from burgers to soul food. J Selby’s offers vegan takes on American classics like veggie burgers and tacos.
A 100% plant based menu is provided at Insane Vegan in St Paul. Cantina Laredo specializes in Mexican and flavorful vegan dishes in Bloomington.
Piada Italian Street Food’s menu includes hand rolled piadas, pasta bowls, and chopped salads. Italian fare with vegan options as well as healthy beverages in Maple Grove are available at Biaggi’s.
Minneapolis & St Paul Healthy Restaurants
You can also try other healthy restaurants in Minneapolis and St Paul like:
- Mill Valley Kitchen at 3906 Excelsior Blvd
- Peoples Organic Café at 80 S 8th St
- Tiny Diner at 1024 E 38th St
- French Meadow Café at 2610 Lyndale Ave S
- Power Plate Meals at 10700 France Ave S #114, Bloomington
- Crisp & Green at 11704 Elm Creek Blvd N, Maple Grove
- GrabbaGreen at 7744 Main St, Maple Grove
Mill Valley Kitchen serves a variety of healthy and delicious comfort foods near you. Local and organic American fare that are made from fresh natural ingredients is served along with fair trade coffee at People’s Organic Café.
The Tiny Diner features a garden patio and offers menus that include plenty of locally grown foods. American classics and baked goods are served fresh all day at French Meadow Café.
Power Plate Meals makes ready to eat meals as well as fruit and vegetable juices, healthy desserts, and more in Bloomington using clean, simple, and flavorful ingredients.
Quick, healthy, and delicious scratch made salads, grain bowls, and smoothies are available at Crisp and Green. Grabbagreen is a quick service restaurant offering semi organic, preservative free, and GMO free foods.
Salad Bars In Your Area
There will be plenty of nutritious foods to choose from at salad bars near you:
- Green + The Grain at Skyway Level, 109 S 7th St
- The Salad Bar at Skyway Kiosk, 40 S 7th St City Center
- Brasa Premium Rotisserie at 777 Grand Ave, St Paul
- The Gnome Craft Pub at 498 Selby Ave, St Paul
- NorthStar Tavern at 5101 W 98th St, Bloomington
- Cadillac Ranch at 352 South Ave, Bloomington
Green + The Grain serves fresh and flavorful local salads made with premium organic ingredients. Made to order salads, wraps, and smoothies are available at The Salad Bar.
Brasa Premium Rotisserie is a laid back restaurant serving delectable salads and slow cooked Creole style comfort foods with vegetarian and gluten free options.
Seasonal fare, soups, salads, meats, vegan and vegetarian dishes, and healthy drinks in St Paul are all provided at The Gnome Craft Pub. Classic comfort foods, salads, and dishes with vegan and vegetarian options are served in a modern setting at NorthStar Tavern.
Cadillac Ranch makes pasta from scratch and provides a variety of seafood, salads, and flatbreads.
Other places in this post that are known to make some of the best salads in your area include Piada Italian Street Food’s, Crisp and Green, Come Pho Soup, Co Tu Oriental Cuisine, Potbelly, and Cafe Zupas.
Great soups can be found at these restaurants:
- My Huong Kitchen at 2718 Nicollet Ave #101B
- Come Pho Soup at 825 Nicollet Mall #100
- Pho 79 at 2233 Energy Park Dr #800, St Paul
- iPho by Saigon at 704 University Ave W, St Paul
- Hoa Bien Restaurant at 1105 University Ave W, St Paul
- Co Tu Oriental Cuisine Restaurant at 8907 Penn Ave S, Bloomington
- Sawatdee Bloomington at 8501 Lyndale Ave S, Bloomington
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop at 12409 Elm Creek Blvd N #A28, Maple Grove
- Cafe Zupas at 11669 Fountains Dr, Maple Grove
My Huong Kitchen serves banh mi sandwiches, delicious soups, and other Vietnamese comfort foods. French Vietnamese dishes including delectable pho soups, banh mi sandwiches, salads, and noodle bowls are offered at Come Pho Soup.
Pho 79 and iPho by Saigon are both good options for beef noodle soups as well as other traditional Vietnamese dishes such as spring rolls and banh mi.
Traditional Vietnamese and Chinese noodles, rice dishes, hot and sour soups, and plenty more are some of the items offered at Hoa Bien Restaurant.
Co Tu Oriental Cuisine specializes in authentic Vietnamese cuisine including flavorful spring rolls, vermicelli noodle salad, egg noodle soups, pho, and bun bo hue.
You will probably be satisfied if you try Sawatdee Bloomington’s popular Thai classics such as tofu toam yum soup and massumum beef curry. Made to order toasted sandwiches, salads, soups, and other healthy meals near you are available at Potbelly.
Cafe Zupas’ menu includes hearty soups, creative salads, and a variety of sandwiches.
The Gnome Craft Pub and Vegan East from some different lists also offer good and nutritious soups in Minneapolis too.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these local health food stores and markets:
- Wedge Community Co-op at 2105 Lyndale Ave S
- Whole Foods Market at 222 Hennepin Ave
- Fresh Thyme Market at 24 30th Ave SE
- Mississippi Market Natural Foods Co-op at 740 E 7th St, St Paul
- Hampden Park Co-Op at 928 Raymond Ave, St Paul
- Trader Joe’s at 4270 W 78th St, Bloomington
Local, organic, and healthy foods are available every day from 8am to 10pm at Wedge Community Co-op.
There were 7 Whole Foods Markets in the Minneapolis and St Paul Metro Area as of our last check and we doubt we need to tell you what they have to offer.
Fresh Thyme is a grocery store and natural food market that is open seven days a week from 7am to 11pm. Mississippi Market sells organic, locally grown produce, sustainable meats and seafood, and made from scratch deli and bakery items every day from 7:30am to 9pm.
Hampden Park Co-op is a traditional cooperative grocery store selling nutritious foods from 8am to 8pm on weekdays and 9am to 7pm on weekends. A variety of signature items, produce, dairy, and much more are sold at Trader Joe’s from 8am to 9pm daily.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are quite a few Minneapolis and St Paul smoothie and juice shops too:
- Vibe Organic Juice Bar at 4720 Excelsior Blvd
- The Dripping Root at 4002 Minnehaha Ave
- Honour Coffee & Raw Juice at 451 NE Stinson Blvd
Aside from organic juices Vibe also creates smoothies, salads, wraps, and power bowls using fresh organic ingredients.
The Dripping Root serves cold pressed juices and smoothie bowls in a cozy environment. Some of Honour Coffee and Raw Juice’s menu items include roast coffee, craft beverages, and cold pressed raw juices as well as freshly baked nutritious treats.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in your area should have plenty of good things to try:
- Sift Gluten Free at 4557 Bloomington Ave
- Vegan East at 2409 Lyndale Ave S
- Great Harvest Bread Co at 4314 Upton Ave S
- Cafe Latte at 850 Grand Ave, St Paul
Sift Gluten Free is a cozy corner bakery offering cookies, doughnuts, cakes, and really good coffee. Gluten free cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, cakes, sandwiches, and soups are all available at Vegan East.
Great Harvest Bread Company specializes in whole grain breads and muffins that are made from Montana wheat. Cafe Latte is a popular spot for American fare, homemade desserts, and gluten free pizza near you.
We have also written about:
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Minneapolis & St Paul
After learning about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Minneapolis and St Paul.