We will be taking a closer look at where you can find healthy food and restaurants in Cleveland today. We’ll do our best to cover all of the best locations near you to acquire nutritious foods so you will feel as good as possible when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area will get things going and vegetable lovers have plenty of options in this town. Other local healthy restaurants will come next, as well as nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious things at Cleveland health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to be in control of how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will follow, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets will wrap it up.
Towards the end there will even be a healthy foods map that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. If you’re interested you can also check out our other posts on this area of the world at that link, and you may also want to know we made a separate post for Akron too.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants would be:
- Choolah Orange Village at 27100 Chagrin Blvd
- Tommy’s at 1824 Coventry Rd
- Johnny Mango at 3120 Bridge Ave
- Anna in the Raw at Lobby of IMG Building, 1360 E 9th St
- Aladdin’s Eatery at 12447 Cedar Rd
- Cleveland Vegan at 17112 Detroit Ave, Lakewood
- Szechwan Garden at 13800 Detroit Ave, Lakewood
- Tarboosh at 1144 W Pleasant Valley Rd, Parma
- Sittoo’s Pita & Salads Parma at 5870 Ridge Rd, Parma
- Heck’s Of Avon at 35514 Detroit Rd, Avon
- 56 Kitchen at 33587 Aurora Rd, Solon
Tommy’s Restaurant caters to vegetarians, vegans, meat eaters, gluten-free, and health-conscious diners.
Johnny Mango serves healthy food with a Mexican, Asian, and Caribbean twist including Caribbean fried plantains, Asian-accented fried rice, Jamaican jerk, Bangkok barbecued chicken, pad Thai, burritos, and quesadillas.
The menu at Aladdin’s Eatery in Cleveland Heights has something for everyone with over 40 vegetarian dishes, 30 vegan dishes, 40 gluten-free dishes, and 40 meat and chicken dishes while also having dessert cooler with cakes, cheesecakes, truffles, and other goodies plus a variety of smoothies, raw juices, natural herbal teas, and more.
Cleveland Vegan specializes in organic comfort cuisine as well as plant based versions of traditional baked products.
Vegan and vegetarian meals in Lakewood as well as classic Szechuan and Huan style Chinese cuisines are all offered at Szechwan Garden.
Tarboosh is a Middle Eastern restaurant providing classic meals, fusion fare, and many vegan dishes in your area in a casual environment.
Sittoo’s Pita and Salads in Parma offers classic Lebanese cuisine, vegan dishes, and desserts using high quality ingredients.
Heck’s Of Avon provides vegan alternatives of every day dishes in addition to being well known for their gourmet burgers.
In a relaxed modern setting 56 Kitchen serves locally sourced American meals with some of the best vegan options near you.
Cleveland Healthy Restaurants
You can also try other healthy restaurants in Cleveland like:
- TownHall at 1909 W 25th St
- Earth Bistro Café at 11110 Clifton Blvd
- REBoL at 101 W Superior Ave
- Boaz Fresh at 2549 Lorain Ave
- Brassica at 20301 Meade Rd
- Annapurna Indian Vegetarian Food at 7464 Ridge Rd, Parma
- Lotus Thai House at 5869 Broadview Rd, Parma
- Fresco Bistro at 641 Broadway, Lorain
- Yes it’s Fresh at 481 E 260th St #B, Euclid
- Pure Blend Smoothie + Cafe at 33200 Station St, Solon
TownHall serves locally sourced and innovative bar bites as well as vegan options in a modern setting with a patio.
Earth Bistro Cafe is a vegan-friendly spot that offers a Cuban-inspired menu, espresso and juice blends.
REBoL is a funky all-day cafe with outdoor seating that delivers organic meals paired with coffee, beer, and cocktails.
Boaz Cafe serves up your favorite Mediterranean flavors from appetizers and rolled pita sandwiches to salads, smoothies, and freshly pressed juices that are all made from scratch with natural ingredients.
Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free meals and desserts in Parma are available at Annapurna Indian Vegetarian Food.
Lotus Thai House provides a range of curries, stir fries, and other dishes with vegetarian alternatives. Vegan and plant based dishes in Euclid are served at Yes it’s Fresh.
Pure Blend Smoothie + Café makes and prepares healthful and flavorful specialty drinks in Solon using locally sourced ingredients.
Salad Bar In Your Area
You can always get a nutritious meal at one of these salad bars near you:
- Liquid Fresh Planet at 11002 Clifton Boulevard
- Melt Bar & Grilled at 14718 Detroit Ave, Lakewood
- Forage Public House at 14600 Detroit Ave, Lakewood
- Union Town Provisions at 422 Broadway, Lorain
- Wolfeys Bistro and Pub at 1069 E Broad St, Elyria
- Panini’s Bar & Grill at 937 E 222nd St, Euclid
- Winking Lizard Avon at 2125 Center Rd, Avon
- Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink at 3427 Tuttle Rd, Shaker Heights
- Burntwood Tavern at 33675 Solon Rd, Solon
Smoothies, fresh juice, acai bowls, grilled pita sandwiches, salad, and more are served in a modern location with a patio overlooking the area by Liquid Fresh Planet.
Melt Bar and Grilled serves inventive American fare such as salads and gourmet grilled cheese.
You can also get salads as well as choose from a seasonal menu of sustainable New American food at Forage Public House.
Union Town Provisions excels at providing one of a kind burgers, freshly made salads, and very delicious sandwiches.
American meals, salads, and drinks are available at Wolfeys Bistro and Bar where they also host trivia and live music.
Panini’s Bar and Grill is noted for its overstuffed sandwiches, salads, burgers, and other comfort foods.
In a laid back setting Winking Lizard serves up American fare and salads and they have many TV’s to watch the big game on.
Delectable salads in Shaker Heights and other great entrees that are prepared using fresh seasonal ingredients are offered at Michael’s Genuine Food and Drink.
Burntwood is a stylish neighborhood tavern specializing in new American dishes, steak salads, and pub grub as well as artisan drinks.
These restaurants are known for their great soups:
- Susy’s Soup & Deli at 1701 East 12th St
- Thai Kitchen Restaurant at 12210 Madison Ave, Lakewood
- Chris’ Restaurant at 2812 W Erie Ave, Lorain
- Blue Sky Restaurant at 802 Cleveland St, Elyria
- Mama Catena Vino e’ Cucina at 711 Babbitt Rd, Euclid
- Lox, Stock, & Brisket at 3441 Tuttle Rd, Shaker Heights
Susy’s Soup & Deli has been serving soups, sandwiches, wraps, salads, breakfast, and catering for over 20 years.
Thai Kitchen Restaurant makes excellent soups, salads, and traditional Thai dishes with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options in Lakewood.
You will probably be satisfied if you try Blue Sky Restaurant’s delicious chicken noodle soup. A selection of soups and traditional Sicilian foods are provided at Mama Catena Vino e’ Cucina.
Lox, Stock, and Brisket is a Jewish deli inspired sandwich restaurant that is known locally for their matzo ball soup.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these local health food stores and markets:
- Nature’s Oasis at 15613 Detroit Ave
- Murray Hill Market at 2072 Murray Hill Rd
- Whole Foods Market at 50 Wall St
- Urban Bulk Foods at 15226 Madison Ave, Lakewood
- Acme Fresh Market at 1225 W Pleasant Valley Rd, Parma
- Apples Market at 230 Abbe Rd N, Elyria
- Heinen’s Grocery Store at 35980 Detroit Rd, Avon
- Market District Supermarket at 34310 Aurora Rd, Solon
Nature’s Oasis is a small-scale natural foods market and café near you that places a heavy emphasis on acquiring products from the region.
Made-to-order sandwiches, fresh fruits, vegetables, deli meats and cheeses, fresh coffee, pastries, Italian and Asian specialty items, beer, pop, juice, canned goods, catering services, beauty needs, household essentials, and more are some of the most ordered items at Murray Hill Market.
There are actually three Whole Foods Markets in your area and we doubt we need to mention what they have to offer.
You can buy high quality tofu, chicken, and all kinds of foods at Urban Bulk Foods from 10am to 6pm on weekdays and until 4pm on weekends.
A variety of healthful and nutritious goods as well as gluten free products in Parma are sold at Acme Fresh Market every day from 7am to 10pm.
Apples Market sells fresh local vegetables, and USDA choice meats plus it has a full service deli and bakery with a broad assortment of healthful goods.
Meat, vegetables, a deli, bakery, health goods, and wines are all available at Heinen’s Grocery Store.
Market District Supermarket provides fresh custom cut meats and seafood as well as hundreds of all natural and organic goods and gluten free products.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are quite a few Cleveland smoothie and juice shops too:
- Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar at 11501 Clifton Blvd
- Liquid Fresh Planet at 11002 Clifton Blvd
- Restore Cold Pressed at 1001 Huron Rd
- Beyond Juicery & Eatery at 15008 Detroit Ave, Lakewood
- Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar at 5301 N Leavitt Rd, Lorain
- Pure Blend Smoothie & Cafe at 33200 Station St, Solon
You can expect to find a wide variety of healthy smoothies and juices near you at any of the above. If you are after any particular juice, smoothie, bowl, or other health food check out the links we gave and see if they are on their menu.
Since 2002 Liquid Fresh Planet has served açai bowls and smoothies. Restore Cold Pressed is a superfood bar and cold pressed juicery that is both modern and organic.
Many people buy freshly made juices, smoothies, sandwiches, sorbet bowls, and salads at Beyond Juicery and Eatery.
Pulp Juice and Smoothie Bar provides made to order smoothies, juices, healthful wraps, and bowls in Lorain.
Pure Blend is a lovely smoothie and juice shop near you with lots of healthy alternatives.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in your area should have plenty of good things to try:
- Café Avalaun at 4640 Richmond Rd #200
- The Gluten-Free Bakeree at 29261 Inverness Dr
- LaLa Custom Cake at 15301 Madison Ave, Lakewood
- Classie Cakes By Yvonne at 5324 Abbe Rd N, Elyria
- Nothing Bundt Cakes at 35925 Detroit Rd #119, Avon
- Philomena Bake Shop
Café Avalaun serves a daily range of classic American and French-inspired baked products like pastries, cookies, and muffins.
LaLa bakes and sells gluten free and dairy free custom cakes and cupcakes in a variety of flavors. There’s a vast selection of sugar free, low carb, and gluten free desserts in Elyria at Classie Cakes By Yvonne.
Nothing Bundt Cakes bakes up delectable gluten free cakes in Avon. The Gluten-Free Bakeree specializes in high-quality bread and pastries.
Philomena Bake Shop is a local gluten-free, vegan, and allergy-friendly bakery.
We have also written about:
- The Best Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants
- The Best Columbus Vegetarian Restaurants
- The Best Detroit Vegetarian Restaurants
- The Best Cincinnati Vegetarian Restaurants
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Cleveland
After learning about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Cleveland.