We are all about to go on a deep dive into where to find healthy food and restaurants in Houston together. We will try to cover all of the best places to get nutritious food in your area so that you can feel as good as possible after your meal.
Kicking things off will be the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants. Mom always told you to eat your vegetables, well you certainly will be able to at these great venues.
Then we will get into some other healthy restaurants near you, plus discuss good salad bars and restaurants with good soups. Houston health food stores and markets will follow them up, buying nutritious foods and cooking meals yourself is a great way to know just how good your diet really is.
Smoothies and juice shops will come next, and we will get you out of here with a few gluten free bakeries that should also have plenty of low sugar sweets and treats. Stick around for our local healthy foods map at the end that will have all the places we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
And we have written about numerous cities around the region that you can check out at that link if interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
There are some really good vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area like:
- Veegos at 10932 Westheimer Rd #A
- Green Seed Vegan at 4320 Almeda Rd
- Govinda’s at 1320 W 34th St
- Quan Yin Vietnamese Vegan Restaurant at 10804 Bellaire Blvd #E
- Soul Food Vegan at 2901 Emancipation Ave
- True Food Kitchen at 9595 Six Pines Dr # 150, The Woodlands
- Rudras Foods at 205 A El Dorado Blvd, Friendswood
- Pythagoras at 14019 Parkway Blvd 101, Sugar Land
Specialty Mexican vegan dishes like nachos, tostadas, chips and guacamole, quesadillas, jackfruit flautas, burritos, and enchiladas are available at Veegos.
Green Seed Vegan prepares paninis, Philly cheesesteaks, burgers, desserts, juices, and smoothies with vegetarian, soy, and gluten free alternatives in your area.
Houston Healthy Restaurants
There are plenty more healthy restaurants in Houston like:
- Pat Greer’s Kitchen at 412 W Clay St
- HS Green Fresh Food Kitchen at 5092 Richmond Ave
- Garden Kitchen at 10480 S Main St
- Flower Child at 1900 Lake Woodlands Dr, The Woodlands
- Epic Nutrition at 1418 N Loop 336 W #G, Conroe
- Healthy Habit Nutrition at 2407 W Parkwood Ave #100A, Friendswood
- Piada at 1930 Hwy 6, Sugar Land
- Citrus Blue Healthy Foods at 1315 W Grand Pkwy S # 114, Katy
Pat Greer’s Kitchen has been cooking healthy plant based dishes near you for over two decades and serves raw, wheat free, and vegan house specials and pizzas.
Gourmet chips and guacamole, corn salad, sprouted sunflower beet burger, baby spinach portobello wrap, garden raw pizza, soup, salad, and smoothies are offered at Garden Kitchen.
Flower Child provides custom bowls, wraps, salads, veggie mixes, grains, fruits, and healthy proteins in The Woodlands with vegetarian, vegan, meat eating, gluten free, keto, and paleo options.
Citrus Blue Healthy Foods in Katy prepares and packs a variety of local paleo, low carb, keto, gluten free, nondairy, and other diet friendly options for delivery or takeaway.
Salad Bars In Your Area
You can always get a nutritious meal at one of these salad bars near you:
- Sweetgreen at 2551 Amherst St
- Leaf & Grain at 5525 Weslayan St
- Salata at 500 Dallas St T-21
- Chicken Salad Chick at 3026 College Park Dr #A, The Woodlands
- Souper Salad at 5822 Fairmont Pkwy, Pasadena
- Saladworks at 18802 University Blvd, Sugar Land
- Bar 1 Salads at 22756 Westheimer Pkwy # 120, Katy
Chicken Salad Chick offers homemade cookies, teas, soups, and sandwiches.
Souper Salad serves soups, fresh salads, fruits, breads, desserts, and more healthy foods in Pasadena.
Custom salads in Sugar Land with over 60 fresh ingredients and combinations and soups are available at Saladworks.
Bar 1 Salads prepares individualized veggie mixes, soups, wraps, flatbreads, and protein bowls.
HS Green Fresh Food Kitchen, Garden Kitchen, and Flower Child from some different lists also provide healthy salads in your area.
Really good soups can be found at these restaurants:
- Celestial Soups at 5832 Fairdale Ln
- Kenny & Ziggy’s NY Delicatessen at 1743 Post Oak Blvd
- La Madeleine at 9595 Six Pines Dr # 100 #100, The Woodlands
- McAlister’s Deli at 13517 University Blvd #C200, Sugar Land
Kenny and Ziggy’s New York Delicatessen makes grilled cheese, bagels, sandwiches, and burgers as well as special chicken soups with golden noodles or rice, matzoh balls, kreplach, mishmosh, or Russian pelmeni dumplings.
Signature tomato basil, cream of mushroom, country potato, and French onion soups are offered at La Madeleine.
McAlister’s provides broccoli and cheddar, country potato, chicken tortilla, and veggie chili soup selections as well as sandwiches, baked potatoes, and tea.
Garden Kitchen, Chicken Salad Chick, Souper Salad, Saladworks, and Bar 1 Salads from our previous lists also serve healthy and savory soups near you.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Buy your own fresh fruits and vegetables at these local health food stores and markets:
- Sprouts Farmers Market at 1212 Old Spanish Trail
- Erma’s Nutrition Center at 2332 E NASA Pkwy
- Nourish Market at 1260 Blalock Rd #130
- Betsy’s Health Foods Inc at 8220 Louetta Rd #136
- Tri-Health Food Store at 9291 S Sam Houston Pkwy E #900
- Health Market at 427 Sawdust Rd, The Woodlands
- Granary Health Foods at 224 S Loop 336 W #N, Conroe
- Nature’s Garden at 400 W Parkwood Ave #112, Friendswood
- All American Health Foods at 1135, 320 Southmore Ave #324C, Pasadena
- Natural Living Food Co-op & Café at 219 N Michigan Ave, League City
- Natural Rewards at 3704 E Broadway St, Pearland
There are also about a dozen Whole Foods Markets around the Houston Metro but we don’t want to fill our list up by repeating the same chain.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
Smoothie and juice shops are good options for a quick and healthy snack:
- JuiceLand at 3206 White Oak Dr
- Juice Box at 9889 Bellaire Blvd
- Blue Ocean Smoothies at 3645 Cypress Creek Pkwy
- Nourish Juice Bar at 1000 W Gray St
- Earthcraft Juicery at 2400 Mid Ln #130
- Nekter Juice Bar at 4747 Research Forest Dr #185, The Woodlands
- Main Squeeze Juice at 850 S Loop 336 W #100, Conroe
- Impact Nutrition at 3114 FM 528 Rd, Friendswood
- Juiced & Squeezed at 4114 Yellowstone Dr, Pasadena
- Smoothies & More at 4634 Hwy 6, Sugar Land
- Koldprezz Organic Juice at 829 Mason Rd #250, Katy
Hemp protein, almonds, spinach, kale, bee pollen, turmeric, ginger, dates, honey, matcha, vegan collagen builder, and B12 can be added to smoothies as well as plant based spring roll bowls, quinoa salads, burritos, and oats are available at JuiceLand.
Earthcraft Juicery is a good place for healthy local smoothies and superfoods such as camu camu berry, red reishi, chlorella, ashwagandha, and more.
Handcrafted juices, smoothies, acai bowls with vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, nonfat, low sugar, and other dietary options are prepared at Nekter in The Woodlands.
Main Squeeze Juice in Conroe provides a selection of acai, green, and pitaya bowls.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in Houston should have plenty of good things to try:
- Green Fork & Straw at 3601 Westheimer Rd #C
- ChipMonk Baking at 3042 Antoine Dr
- Bare Bakery at 3600 Kirby Dr #A
- Common Bond Bistro & Bakery at 1706 Westheimer Rd
- Sweet Paris at 2420 Rice Blvd
- Press Waffle Co at 411 Smith St
- La Guadalupana at 2109 Dunlavy St
- Three Brothers Bakery at 4036 S Braeswood Blvd
- Rustika Cafe & Bakery at 3237 Southwest Fwy
- Arandas Bakery at 1906 N Frazier St, Conroe
- Frost Bake at 6777 Woodlands Pkwy #304, The Woodlands
- Wisdom Vegan Bakery & Café at 25192 I-45 #103, Spring
- Tepatitlan Bakery at 2622 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena
- Kakes Keto Bakery at 918 S Fry Rd #600, Katy
- Marinas Bakery at 3500 W Main St, League City
- Kolache Bakery at 908 E Main St, League City
- Angie’s Gluten Free Bakery
Fresh juices, smoothies, salads, and healthier baked goods with gluten free and vegan options near you are provided at Green Fork. Signature keto cookies are freshly made at ChipMonk.
Common Bond Bistro and Bakery serves sweet pastries and seasonal savory breakfast, lunch, happy hour, and dinner dishes along with signature cake designs, custom, and wedding cakes from 7am to 9pm Monday through Saturday and until 8pm on Sunday.
Sweet Paris offers a beautiful and delicious creperie menu including sweet and savory crepes, waffles, salads, paninis, specialty espresso drinks, chocolate drinks, mimosas, and more.
Press Waffle Co features fully customizable authentic Belgian waffles, savory waffle creations, and locally roasted coffee that is ideal for breakfast, brunch, or dessert at any time Monday through Friday from 7am on weekdays and from 10am on weekends.
La Guadalupana is open from 7am to 3pm Tuesday through Sunday serving a variety of tasty early morning meals including huaraches, huevos rancheros, enchiladas de espinaca con queso, carne guisada, machaca nortena, and more.
Three Brothers Bakery offers their famous traditional breads, cookies, pies, cupcakes, custom cakes, and more from 7am to 7pm on most days and until 5pm on Sunday.
Rustika Cafe and Bakery is open from 8am to 4pm Monday through Saturday serving their all time favorite Jewish-Mexican fusion dishes like chilaquiles, migas, and matzoh ball soup as well as the traditional omelets, sandwiches, and salads that are available all day.
Arandas Bakery serves breads, cakes, tortillas, tamales, breakfast items, and much more from 6am to 9pm daily.
Tepatitlan Bakery features a wide range of breads, desserts, and cakes for all occasions every day starting early from 5am to 10pm.
Kakes Production Kitchens specializes in custom cakes, cheesecakes, pies, and donuts with keto, gluten free, and vegan alternatives.
Marinas offers great pastries, pies, cakes, and baked favorites with keto, Atkins, paleo, diabetic friendly, and gluten free selections in League City.
Kolache Bakery is open from 5am to 12pm Wednesday through Saturday serving sausages, fruits, cream cheese kolaches, cinnamon rolls, and other breakfast items.
Delectable oatmeal cookies, cinnamon roll cake, cupcakes, and a variety of breads such as banana, pumpkin, lemon, raspberry, strawberry, chocolate, and more are available at Angie’s Gluten Free Bakery.
You might also want to know about:
- Healthy Places To Eat in Austin
- Healthy Places To Eat in San Antonio
- Healthy Places To Eat in Dallas & Ft Worth
- Healthy Places To Eat in New Orleans
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Houston
Now that you have read about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it should be easy for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page or if anything we mentioned has become dated please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Houston.