Over the next few minutes you should be learning quite a bit about healthy food and restaurants in Austin. Our main objective is to cover as much as we can so that you will be able to buy nutritious foods in your area and feel great when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants near you will get the ball rolling and vegetable lovers are not lacking for options here. More healthy restaurants will come next in addition to nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious ingredients at Austin health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to figure out just how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will get a quick shout out, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets and treats will round out the post.
Expect to find a local healthy foods map towards the conclusion that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. And we have written about numerous cities around the region that you can check out right here if interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
There are some really good vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area like:
- Bouldin Creek Café at 1900 S 1st St
- Counter Culture at 2337 E Cesar Chavez St
- The Vegan Nom at 2324 E Cesar Chavez St
- The Vegan Yacht at 2000 Southern Oaks Dr
- Citizen Eatery at 5011 Burnet Rd
- The Beer Plant at 3110 Windsor Rd
- Wasota Vegan Paradise at 701 E 53rd St
- Vittle Vibes at 2301 Brushy Creek Rd, Cedar Park
Bouldin Creek Café excels at providing award winning veggie burgers, fresh salads, and vegan friendly breakfasts in your area as well as a variety of delectable beverages ranging from basic lattes to lavender mochas, champagne cocktails, and plenty more. The Vegan Nom features outdoor picnic tables and specializes in a wide range of unique plant based tacos.
You will probably be satisfied if you try The Vegan Yacht’s Freeto pie as well as their other menu items with gluten free options. 40 craft taps and a hearty plant based cuisine are available at The Beer Plant.
Vittle Vibes is an Indian fusion food truck offering vegetarian and vegan cuisine. Among the dishes available are paneer butter masala, braised tofu bowl, potato masala stir fry, and vegan tikka masala.
Austin Healthy Restaurants
There are plenty more healthy restaurants in Austin like:
- The Steeping Room at 4400 N Lamar Blvd
- Picnik at 4801 Burnet Rd
- True Food at 222 West Ave # HR100
- Flower Child at 500 W 2nd St
- Conscious Cravings at1311 S 1st St
- Kale Me Crazy at 8300 N FM 620
- Galaxy Cafe at 1000 West Lynn
- Nancy’s Sky Garden at 1105 S Mays St #300, Round Rock
- Poke Fit at 2701 S Hwy 183, Leander
- Vitality Bowls at 1310 Cypress Creek Road # 115, Cedar Park
The Steeping Room serves international teas and freshly prepared meals with vegetarian options near you in an urbane atmosphere. Paleo, vegetarian, and gluten free options are also offered at Picnik.
True Food Kitchen provides local healthy diet meals with vegan options as well as refreshing beverages. You can choose from Flower Child’s menu of bowls, wraps, and salads as well as a range of mix and match veggies, grains, fruits, and healthy proteins.
Kale Me Crazy makes fresh and organic juices, smoothies, salads, and sandwiches. Galaxy Cafe serves healthy food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a menu that includes wraps, pancakes, Buddha bowls, salads, and sandwiches, many of which are gluten-free.
Healthy modern Asian soups, salads, and noodle and poke bowls are available at Nancy’s Sky Garden. Vitality Bowls specializes in açai bowls topped with organic granola and a variety of superfood toppings while pitaya and graviola which are both high in nutrient, are also available as a bowl base. Smoothies, fresh juices, soups, salads, and panini are on the menu too.
Salad Bars In Your Area
You can always get a nutritious meal at one of these salad bars near you:
- 2N1 Salad Bar at901 W Braker Ln
- Vinaigrette at 2201 College Ave
- Salata at 10515 N. MoPac Expwy #165A
- MAD Greens at 5601 Brodie Ln # 1500
- Modern Market Eatery at 9828 Great Hills Trl # 110
2N1 Salad Bar and Grill provides a great build your own salad option where you can choose from a wide variety of lettuce, vegetables, fruit, cheese, and protein to toss with one of their handmade dressings as well as a selection of specialized salads. Some of the best salad varieties that are made with fresh veggies and local greens as well as seasonal soups and lemonades are available at Vinaigrette.
Tossed to order salads and wraps with over 60 fresh veggies, fruits, cheeses, and protein toppings are offered at Salata every day. They also serve made to order salads in Austin as well as homemade soups and handcrafted dressings using handpicked herbs and spices.
There are fine servings of bespoke grain bowls, wrap sandwiches, mac and cheese, warm soup, kids’ meals, and organic desserts as well as juices and other drinks at MAD Greens where catering services are also provided.
Modern Market Eatery is a healthy fast-casual restaurant that serves grain bowls, salads, soup, pizza, sandwiches, all-day breakfast, and curated beverages. Vegan, vegetarian, keto, paleo, whole 30 diet, gluten free, and non-GMO alternatives are available.
Really good soups can be found at these restaurants:
- Soup Peddler at 501 W Mary St
- FoodHeads at 616 W 34th St
- Biderman’s Deli at 3742 Far W Blvd #101
- Corner Bakery at 110 N I-35 # 180, Round Rock
Soup Peddler features picnic tables and serves 50 different soup varieties including chicken soup with rice, green detox broth, beef bone broth, and tomato basil as well as salads, sandwiches, smoothies, and juices.
Homemade soups are also available at FoodHeads Café including Thai beef, tomato coconut, Tuscan white bean, and green chile chicken pozole as well as sandwiches, ice teas, and plenty more. Many of the places from our best salads list serve great soups near you too.
Breakfasts, salads, sandwiches, trademark paninis and pasta along with specialty breads and baked treats are all available on the Corner Bakery menu. Chicken orzo, loaded baked potato, cheddar broccoli, roasted tomato basil, and chicken noodle are among the seasonal soups available.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Buy your own fresh fruits and vegetables at these local health food stores and markets:
- Natural Grocers at4615 N Lamar Blvd #304
- Sprouts at 4006 S Lamar Blvd # 400
- Thom’s Market at 1418 Barton Springs Rd
- Trader Joe’s at 9722 Great Hills Trl #200
- Whole Foods Market at 525 N Lamar Blvd
- Fresh Plus Grocery at 2917 W Anderson Ln
- H-E-B at 170 E Whitestone Blvd, Cedar Park
There are actually 5 Whole Foods near you but we don’t like to clog our lists up with the same chains over and over.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
Smoothie and juice shops are good options for a quick and healthy snack:
- Nekter Juice Bar at 222 West Ave
- JuiceLand at 1625 Barton Springs Rd
- Daily Juice Café at 8620 Burnet Rd # 132
- Smoothie King at 2250 E Palm Valley Blvd #210, Round Rock
- GTX Nutrition at 4112 Williams Dr # 101, Georgetown
- Hydrate at 2502C Williams Dr, Georgetown
Nekter offers a variety of 100% fresh, clean, and nutrient dense local juices, superfood smoothies, acai bowls, and healthy snacks with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options. JuiceLand is also a solid option for quality juices, smoothies, and hot beverages as well as salads, grain bowls, and overnight oats.
Daily Juice Café has nut milk, acai bowls, soups, as well as vegan and gluten free toasts. Smoothie King provides a great selection of healthy adds-on including multivitamins, fiber blends, probiotics, keto protein, and more.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in Austin should have plenty of good things to try:
- Zucchini Kill at 701 E 53rd St #C
- Mr Natural at1901 E Cesar Chavez St
- Capital City Bakery at 2211 E Cesar Chavez St
- Sweet Charli Girl
Zucchini Kill Bakery serves vegan sweet and savory items in your area that are also soy and gluten free. Mr Natural sells a wide range of products that are free of wheat, sugar, dairy, and gluten using whole wheat flour and natural sweeteners. They also bake cakes, empanadas, pastries, and other delectable treats.
Capital City Bakery is a totally vegan bakery in Austin that offers cupcakes, cookies, brownies, cheesecake, and breakfast menu.
You might also want to know about:
- Healthy Restaurants in Dallas & Ft Worth
- Healthy Restaurants in Houston
- Healthy Restaurants in San Antonio
- Healthy Restaurants in El Paso
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Austin
Now that you have read about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it should be easy for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page or if anything we mentioned has become dated please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Austin.