You should all be learning quite a bit about healthy food and restaurants in Detroit over the next few minutes. Our main objective is to cover as much as we can so that you will be able to buy nutritious foods in your area and feel great when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants near you will get the ball rolling and vegetable lovers are not lacking for options here. More healthy restaurants will come next in addition to nice local salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious ingredients at Detroit health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to figure out just how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will get a quick shout out, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets and treats will round out the post.
Expect to find a map towards the conclusion that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. And we have written numerous blogs about where to eat healthy in the Midwest right there if you are interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
There are some really good vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area like:
- Seva at 66 E Forest Ave
- Detroit Vegan Soul West at 19614 Grand River Ave
- Unburger Grill at 22018 Michigan Ave, Dearborn
- Chickpea Kitchen at 39525 Mound Rd, Sterling Heights
- Neehee’s at 4924 Rochester Rd, Troy
Seva prepares an all vegetarian menu near you that includes plant based nacho dip, asparagus ravioli, pasta alla bosca, pad Thai, vegan mac and cheese, and soups.
Various selections of healthy dishes free of soy and gluten are available at Detroit Vegan Soul.
Plant based burgers, fries, nachos, and desserts in Dearborn are prepared at Unburger Grill.
Chickpea Kitchen offers pitas, bowls, salads, soups, and dips with vegan, low fat, nondairy, and gluten free options in Sterling Heights.
Neehee’s specializes in healthy Indian dishes that are also vegan and gluten free.
Detroit Healthy Restaurants
There are plenty more healthy restaurants in Detroit like:
- Clean Plates Detroit at 149 W Nine Mile Rd
- ChickP Detroit at 110 Clifford St
- Breadless at Off Larned, 2761 E Jefferson #A
- Chive Kitchen at 33043 Grand River Ave, Farmington
- Estia Greek Street Food at 5753 Twelve Mile Rd, Warren
- Bowl Appetit at 22735 Michigan Ave, Dearborn
- Aratham Gourmet To Go at 3381 Rochester Rd, Troy
- Village Nutrition at 16837 Kercheval Ave, Grosse Pointe
- 2941 Street Food at 6450 Telegraph Rd, Bloomfield Hills
- Turmerican Vegetarian Cuisine at 24259 Novi Rd, Novi
Delectable chicken breasts with ranch, barbecue jackfruit stuffed sweet potatoes, Mediterranean salad with grilled chicken, and Thai basil mushroom crumble as well as meal plans and packing services are offered at Clean Plates.
ChickP prepares shawarmas, wraps, bowls, burgers, salads, and sides.
Breadless provides tasty healthy sandwiches near you with gluten free, vegan, and keto alternatives.
Chive Kitchen provides vegetarian meals in Farmington including daily specials, sandwiches, baked delights, beers, wines, and cocktails.
Aratham Gourmet To Go makes plant based breakfasts, desserts, sides, drinks, superfoods, and more in Troy that are made from locally sourced fresh produce and ingredients.
Turmerican Vegetarian Cuisine has been in business for nearly a decade and offers vegan and gluten free meals in Novi.
Salad Bars In Your Area
You can always get a nutritious meal at one of these salad bars near you:
- 7greens at 1222 Library St
- The Big Salad at 651 E Jefferson
- Ford’s Garage at 21367 Michigan Ave, Dearborn
- J. Alexander’s at 19200 Haggerty Rd, Livonia
- Yard House at 950 W Big Beaver Rd, Troy
- Greens n Grains Salad Co. at 2800 West Big Beaver Rd Y-325, Troy
7greens provides a selection of 7 leaf varieties, 70 toppings, and 17 homemade sauces for delicious local salads, bowls, sandwiches, and wraps with gluten free, paleo, and keto options.
The Big Salads sells delectable sandwiches, soups, and smoothies.
Numerous assortments of salads like grilled chicken cobb, blackened salmon, chicken chop shop, berries and gorgonzola with shrimp, and more are available at Ford’s Garage in Dearborn.
J. Alexander’s is a good place for appetizing salads, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches, and many more American staples.
Both Yard House and Greens n Grains offer delicious salads and sandwiches with build your own options.
Healthy salads in your area are also served at some places from our prior lists including Chickpea Kitchen and ChickP and eating them often can really help with how to reduce fat quickly.
Really good soups can be found at these restaurants:
- Lunchtime Global at 660 Woodward Ave #110
- Mati’s Deli at 1842 Monroe St, Dearborn
- Nu New York Deli at 2421 14 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights
- Zoup! at 42983 Woodward Ave, Bloomfield
Lunchtime Global serves a wide variety of soups including savory chicken noodle, vegan white bean chili, creamy chicken chowder, and more.
Mati’s Deli prepares cream of broccoli, chicken noodle, vegetable beef barley, cream of potato with bacon, and Boston clam chowder soups.
Numerous soup selections such as beef barley, chili plain or beans, and NY chili bowl are provided at Nu New York Deli.
Low fat, vegetarian, nondairy, spicy, and gluten free soups, salads, and sandwiches in Bloomfield are available at Zoup.
Seva, Chickpea Kitchen, 7 Greens, and The Big Salad from some of our other lists are also known for their healthy soup selections.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Buy your own fresh fruits and vegetables at these local health food stores and markets:
- Energy 4 Life at 16135 Mack Ave
- Moor Herbs at 16140 W Seven Mile Rd
- Natural Food Patch at 221 W Nine Mile Rd
- SuperFood at 19514 W Seven Mile Rd
- Pure Pastures at 23309 Ford Rd, Dearborn
- Far East Ginseng Herbs at 33162 Dequindre Rd, Sterling Heights
- Zerbo’s Market at 34164 Plymouth Rd, Livonia
- Fresh Thyme Market at 901 E Big Beaver Rd, Troy
- The Sprout House Natural Foods Market at 15233 Kercheval Ave, Grosse Pointe Park
There are also 5 Whole Foods Markets in Detroit but we don’t like clogging our lists up by repeating the same chains over and over.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
Smoothie and juice shops are good options for a quick and healthy snack:
- Beyond Juicery & Eatery at 2501 Russell St
- Juice Joint at 4614 2nd Ave
- Juice Your World at 7320 Ternes, Dearborn
- Vara Juice at 3673 15 Mile Rd, Sterling Heights
- Everyday Nutrition at 18776 Middlebelt Rd, Livonia
- Clean Juice at 766 W Big Beaver Rd, Troy
- Naked Fuel at 6718 Orchard Lake Rd #B, W Bloomfield Twp
Beyond Juicery and Eatery sells wraps, salads, and other healthy foods near you with gluten free options.
Revitalizing teas, smoothies, acai bowls, coffee floats, and more are provided at Everyday Nutrition.
Clean Juice serves delectable sandwiches, wraps, acai bowls, salads, and French toast in Troy.
Naked Fuel also offers salads, sandwiches, and wraps with vegan and gluten free alternatives.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in Detroit should have plenty of good things to try:
For the Love of Sugar offers pastries, cakes, and macaroons with gluten free and vegan selections in your area.
Specialty Mediterranean desserts, waffle pops, donuts, and more with vegetarian and gluten free options are available at Street Sweets in Sterling Heights.
You might also want to know about:
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Detroit
Now that you have read about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it should be easy for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page or if anything we mentioned has become dated please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Detroit.