Today we are going to be going on a deep dive into where to find healthy food and restaurants in Ottawa and Gatineau. We will try to cover all of the best places to get nutritious food in your area so that you can feel as good as possible after your meal.
Kicking things off will be the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants. Mom always told you to eat your vegetables, well you certainly will be able to at these great venues.
Then we will get into some other healthy restaurants near you, plus discuss good salad bars and restaurants with good soups. Ottawa and Gatineau health food stores and markets will follow them up, buying nutritious foods and cooking meals yourself is a great way to know just how good your diet really is.
Smoothies and juice shops will come next, and we will get you out of here with a few gluten free bakeries that should also have plenty of low sugar sweets and treats. Stick around for our local healthy foods map at the end that will have all the places we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
Plus you are welcome to read our other posts on the country at that link if you are interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in Ottawa and Gatineau would be:
- The Green Door Restaurant & Bakery at 198 Main St
- Pure Kitchen Elgin at 340 Elgin St
- The Table Vegetarian Restaurant at 1230 Wellington St W
- Chickpeas at 500 Terminal Ave A-05
- Copper Branch at Constitution Square, 350 Albert St
- Peace-Garden Vegetarian Paradise at 47 Clarence St
- La Belle Verte at 166 Eddy St, Gatineau
- Astoria Bistro Botanique at 80 Prom. du Portage, Gatineau
Green Door Restaurant and Bakery offers a pay by weight buffet, fresh baked goods, organic vegetarian meals, and gluten free desserts. Another healthy pay by weight buffet in your area with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options can be found at The Table Vegetarian Restaurant.
Organic vegetarian falafel wraps, salads, and hummus dips are available at Chickpeas. La Belle Verte is a laid back restaurant serving vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free dishes including sandwiches and salads as well as homemade dinners.
Breakfast, tapas, and many more plant based items with gluten free options are available at Astoria Bistro Botanique.
Ottawa & Gatineau Healthy Restaurants
More healthy restaurants in your area are:
- Green Rebel at 340 Albert St #140
- Freshii at 342 Richmond Rd
- Good Eats at 207 Bell St N
- Mad Radish at 859 Bank St
- Olivia Bistro-Boutique at 799 Blvd de la Gappe, Gatineau
- Café Mulligan at 149 Principale St, Gatineau
Green Rebel is a trendy place specializing in healthy salads, sandwiches, rice bowls, and smoothies. Tossed to order salads, soups, burritos, and many more healthy food offerings are available at Freshii. Good Eats is known for its nutritious home cooked foods with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options as well as quality local salads, sweet desserts, breakfast sandwiches, and freshly baked bread.
Olivia specializes in gourmet salads, soft tacos, delectable smoothies, stuffed avocados, and handcrafted goods.
Salad Bars Near You
These local salad bars should have plenty of nutritious foods to choose from:
- Super Salads at 363 Preston St
- The Chopped Leaf at 140 Trainyards Dr #3
- Rôtisserie Scores at 1000 Bd Maloney O, Gatineau
Craft salad bowls and cold pressed juices that are made with fruits and vegetables from your area are available at Super Salads as well as halloumi, arugula, skirt steak, avocado, and much more. You can order healthy salads, wraps, bowls, sandwiches, and soups at The Chopped Leaf.
Rôtisserie Scores features delicious chicken recipes and even offers all you can eat soups and salads. Other places in this post offering some of the best salads near you include Chickpeas, Green Rebel, Freshii, Good Eats, and Mad Radish.
You can order delicious servings of healthy soups at The Chopped Leaf, Juice Monkey, and Rôtisserie Scores from some different lists.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these Ottawa and Gatineau health food stores and markets:
- Herb & Spice Shop at 375 Bank St
- Whole Foods Market at 951 Bank St
- Healthy Planet Trainyards at 590 Industrial Ave #3
- Kardish Health Food Centre at 1701 Merivale Rd
- Natural Food Pantry Britannia at 1487 Richmond Rd
- Le Marché Wakim at 320 Blvd Saint-Joseph, Gatineau
- Gagné en Santé at 224 Rue Bellehumeur, Gatineau
- Hyperforme Nutrition at 178 Bd Gréber, Gatineau
- La Boite à Grains (Aylmer) at 186 Ave de la Colline, Gatineau
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are plenty of smoothie and juice shops near you:
- Juice Dudez at 91 Richmond Rd A
- Juice Monkey at 209 Slater St
- La Bocca Juice at 2446 Bank St
- Booster Juice at 1600 Heron Rd #8
- RAW Pulp + Grind at 440 Preston St
- Booster Juice at 643 Bd Saint-René O #130, Gatineau
Juice Dudez provides freshly squeezed juices, smoothies, bubble teas, bobas, coffees, and matcha tea as well as acai bowls, chocolates, crepes, and waffles. High quality juices, smoothies, wraps, and soups are served at Juice Monkey.
For over 25 years La Bocca Juice has been preparing some of the best ice creams and gelato, fresh fruit juices, smoothies, lattes, cappuccinos, mochaccinos, and teas as well as waffles and crepes.
Booster Juice excels at providing fruit based smoothies, premium juices, smoothie bowls, and fresh cuisine.
Gluten Free Bakeries In Your Area
Enjoy some fresh baked goodness at these gluten free bakeries:
- Strawberry Blonde Bakery at 111 Richmond Rd
- Voila Gluten Free Bakeree at 4055 Carling Ave #2
- ThimbleCakes at 369 Bank St
- Wild Oat Bakery at 819 Bank St
- The Joy of Gluten Free at 250 Greenbank Rd #5b
- Pastel & Coco at 80 Prom. du Portage, Gatineau
Kosher items as well as vegan, gluten free, and nut free decadent snacks are available at Strawberry Blonde Bakery. Gluten free and non GMO goods are offered at Voila as well as other items that are free of wheat, barley, rye, dairy, eggs, peanuts, pecans, and tree nuts.
Homemade curds, batters, cakes, and ice creams as well as other products are available at ThimbleCakes. They also sell local vegan cupcakes and cakes that are free of nuts, gluten, and eggs.
Pastel & Coco makes healthy vegan and gluten free pastries, cakes, baked goods, and desserts as well as unique drinks. You might also be interested in our posts on:
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten-Free Bakeries in Montreal
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten-Free Bakeries in Toronto
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten-Free Bakeries in Quebec City
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten-Free Bakeries in New York City
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Ottawa & Gatineau
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
While we try our best to keep these posts updated it isn’t easy, if you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Ottawa and Gatineau.