Over the next few minutes you should be learning quite a bit about healthy food and restaurants in Vancouver. Our main objective is to cover as much as we can so that you will be able to buy nutritious foods in your area and feel great when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants near you will get the ball rolling and vegetable lovers are not lacking for options here. More healthy restaurants will come next in addition to nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious ingredients at Vancouver health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to figure out just how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will get a quick shout out, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets and treats will round out the post.
Expect to find a local healthy foods map towards the conclusion that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. And we have written about numerous cities around the region that you can check out at that link if interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
There are some really good vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area like:
- Vegan Cave Cafe at 415 Abbott St
- Chickpea Restaurant at 4298 Main St
- Chomp Vegan Eatery at 2234 E Hastings St
- Lotus Seed Vegan at 736 W Broadway
- Beet Box at 1074 Davie St
Chickpea has a vegan food truck and restaurant that both specialize in plant-based comfort food influenced by the Mediterranean. In addition to delivering wonderful plant-based meals their passions have always included community involvement and environmental awareness. Every day they work hard to nourish people while also leaving a small mark on the world by preparing delicious vegan cuisine with compassion.
Seed of the Lotus Veganism’s ultimate goal is to create public understanding about the value of consuming nutritious foods for our bodies, communities, and the environment.
Vancouver Healthy Restaurants
There are plenty more healthy restaurants in Vancouver like:
- Heirloom Vegetarian Restaurant at 1509 W 12th Ave
- The Acorn Restaurant at 3995 Main St
- Smak Healthy Fast Food at 545 Granville St
- Chau Veggie Express at 5052 Victoria Dr
- The Naam at 2724 W 4th Ave
Heirloom on South Granville’s 12th Avenue initially opened its doors in 2012 and offers a modern dining experience in a wonderful heritage location with a fresh current cuisine. All things are organic and sourced in the region whenever possible with a comprehensive menu of beautifully crafted cocktails along with a good wine list and a selection of craft brews.
Smak is a great healthy restaurant that has been serving your area since 2013 with high-quality local ingredients and fantastic dishes. Their nutrient-dense cuisine will provide you the long-term vitality you need to make a positive impact on the world and it’s gluten-free.
Chau Veggie Express has been delivering plant-based family-inspired modern Vietnamese cuisine for over a decade. They’re a plant-based café that serves 100 percent vegan savory cuisine near you influenced by Vietnamese culture and family.
The Naam Cafe debuted in the center of Kitsilano in 1968 when Fourth Avenue was still known as Rainbow Road. With a 50-year history of serving vegetarian and vegan dishes and the flexibility to adapt to a wide range of dietary restrictions The Naam is the city’s oldest natural foods restaurant.
Salad Bars In Your Area
You can always get a nutritious meal at one of these salad bars near you:
- Smithe Salad at 191 Smithe St
- Salad Loop at 2775 Laurel St
- Field & Social at 415 Dunsmuir St
- Hungry Guys Kitchen at 988 Granville St
- The Chopped Leaf at 488 Robson St
- Tractor Foods at 547 Robson St
Smithe Salad has been serving fresh and healthy salads in Vancouver since 2016 and deliver to homes around town. Salad Loop has almost a hundred distinct salad options.
Field & Social relies on fresh salads and dietitian-approved cuisine. More local salads are served in an urban casual setting at Hungry Guys Kitchen where they give consumers the option of creating a personalized salad using the ingredients of their choice.
The Chopped Leaf also offers salads that can be customized to the customer’s dietary requirements. Tractor Foods uses seasonal foods and sources them directly from farmers and suppliers that are close by. Southwest quinoa, snap pea, potato + mint, curried cauliflower, lemon kale, and kale Caesar are among the dishes available.
Really good soups can be found at these restaurants:
- The Soup Meister at 123 Carrie Cates Ct #103
- Stock Market at 1689 Johnston St
- Liquids + Solids at 901 E Hastings St
- Thai Express Restaurant at 200 Burrard St FC-04
- Pholicious at 550 W Hastings St
The Soup Meister offers freshly cooked gourmet soups, stews, and chowders. Since 1986 The Stock Market has been serving food created from scratch with local and fresh ingredients including some of the best healthy soups in your area.
Liquids + Solids Culinary Innovations specializes in excellent soups, stews, and chili’s and with natural ingredients that are produced in the region. Thai Express serves authentic Thai cuisine including tasty Tom Yum and Thai Soup.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Buy your own fresh fruits and vegetables at these local health food stores and markets:
- Greens Organic & Natural Market at 1978 W Broadway
- Famous Foods at 1595 Kingsway
- Natureway Farm Market at 1050 Kingsway
- Choices Markets at 1202 Richards St
- Fresh St. Market Vancouver House at 1423 Continental St
- Donald’s Market at 2342 E Hastings St
There are also six Whole Foods Markets near you.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
Smoothie and juice shops are good options for a quick and healthy snack:
- Squish Juicery at 2099 Lougheed Hwy #180B
- Glory Juice at 2186 W 4th Ave
- The Juice Truck 5th Ave at 28 W 5th Ave
- Booster Juice at 333 Brooksbank Ave #120
- Jugo Juice at 1103 Robson St
- Trish Juice at 981 Hornby St
There are so many varieties of healthy juices and smoothies at the above that we can’t even begin to cover them all. We suggest you check their menu on those links to make sure they have the right juices or smoothies you are looking for, along with any supplements, boosters, or meals like acai bowls that you might be after.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in Vancouver should have plenty of good things to try:
- Lemonade Gluten Free Bakery at 3385 Cambie St
- The Gluten Free Epicurean at 633 E 15th Ave
- Panne Rizo Gluten Free Bakery at 1939 Cornwall Ave
- Delish Gluten Free Bakery at 2166 E Hastings St
- Eightfold Eats Gluten Free Bakery at 618 E Kent Ave S #115
Lemonade gluten-free bakery specializes in freshly made dairy-free breads, cakes, tarts, pastries, cookies, and squares. They use regular white or brown sugar instead of artificial or replacement sweeteners.
Cakes are available at the Gluten Free Epicurean who also makes great vegan baked donuts, scones, banana bread, carrot cake, muffins, cheesecakes, and plenty more tasty options. Panne Rizo is not only a great local gluten free bakery but they also sell healthy baking ingredients and supplies.
Delish Gluten Free Bakery makes artisan breads, muffins, cakes, pastries, cookies, pizza shells, and perogies for gluten-free customers in your area.
You might also want to know about:
- The Best Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants
- The Best Portland Vegetarian Restaurants
- The Best Calgary Vegetarian Restaurants
- The Best Edmonton Vegetarian Restaurants
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Vancouver
Now that you have read about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it should be easy for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page or if anything we mentioned has become dated please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Vancouver.