Hopefully you will all learn at least a little something while reading this deep dive into where to find healthy food and restaurants in Toronto. We will try to cover all of the best places to get nutritious food in your area so that you can feel as good as possible after your meal.
Kicking things off will be the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants. Mom always told you to eat your vegetables, well you certainly will be able to at these great venues.
Then we will get into some other healthy restaurants near you, plus discuss good salad bars and restaurants with good soups. Toronto health food stores and markets will follow them up, buying nutritious foods and cooking meals yourself is a great way to know just how good your diet really is.
Smoothies and juice shops will come next, and we will get you out of here with a few gluten free bakeries that should also have plenty of low sugar sweets and treats. Stick around for our local healthy foods map at the end that will have all the places we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
Plus you are welcome to read our other posts on cities around Canada at that link if you are interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in Toronto would be:
- The Hogtown Vegan at 1056 Bloor St W
- Veggie D’Light at 160 Baldwin St #3
- Buddha’s Vegan Restaurant at 666 Dundas St W
- Planta Yorkville at 1221 Bay St
- Rosalinda Restaurant at 133 Richmond St W
The Hogtown Vegan offers appetizers, salads, mains, sandwiches, sides, dips, desserts, and drinks with patio seating available.
Veggie D’Light also provides takeout options and catering services for numerous varieties of vegan Caribbean cuisine.
Authentic vegetarian fare at reasonable prices has been prepared at Buddha’s Vegan Restaurant for over two decades.
Planta has been making sustainable and delectable healthy meals in Yorkville with the goal of eliminating animals from their menu in a modern and vibrant setting since 2016.
Toronto Healthy Restaurants
More healthy restaurants in your area are:
- Fresh Restaurants at 147 Spadina Ave
- Greens Vegetarian Restaurants at 638 Dundas St W
- Urban Herbivore at 64 Oxford St
- Kupfert & Kim at 140 Spadina Ave
- One Love Vegetarian at 854 Bathurst St
Fresh Restaurants has been in business since 1999 and provides a wide selection of organic cold pressed juices, specialized cocktails, and unique plant based meals near you.
Greens Vegetarian Restaurant serves a variety of vegetarian Chinese, Vietnamese, and Thai cuisine using only fresh ingredients and products.
Numerous assortments of organic and local salads sourced are available at Urban Herbivore.
Handcrafted plant based sauces, pickles, curries, and burgers are freshly prepared at Kupfert and Kim. One Love Vegetarian makes artisanal vegan Caribbean food with wonderful flavors.
Salad Bars Near You
These local salad bars should have plenty of nutritious foods to choose from:
- Salad Days at 20 Bloor St E
- AAamazing Salad at 82 Adelaide St E
- Mad Radish at 2293 Yonge St
- Cultures at 1215 Wilson Ave
- Merci Mon Ami at 171 E Liberty St
Salad Days provides various options such as cobb, fattoush, Greek, Caprese, hummus, tabouli, falafel, custom, and more. AAamazing Salad offers delicious salads and nutritious meals in your are.
Specialty crispy taco salads made from crispy tortilla strips, sweet roasted corn, earthy beans, and tons of fresh greens with a creamy avocado are one of the specialties at Mad Radish.
Cultures prepares flavorful filling salads and foods using natural ingredients. Merci Mon Ami makes a variety of salads including quinoa, arugula, Caprese, vermicelli noodles, sweet potato, Greek, and couscous.
These restaurants are known for their great soups:
- RaviSoups at 1128 Queen St W
- Zoup! At 200 Front St W #F010
- Soup Nutsy at Dominion Center, 222 Bay St E002A
- Thai Express Restaurant at 76 Grenville St
- Fresh Restaurants at 894 Queen St W
- Buna’s Kitchen at 388 Richmond St W #5b
RaviSoups serves a wide variety of options like chicken, coconut milk, lemongrass, kaffir lime, noodles, bok choy, blue crab, Thai basil, crispy shallots, and miso.
Flavorful broccoli cheddar, Italian wedding with turkey meatballs, lobster bisque, vegan, curry Thai chicken, and more healthy soups in your area are available at Zoup!
Soup Nutsy makes various hot dishes from different ingredients such as meat, poultry, vegetables, and seafood.
Thai Express Restaurant specializes in fragrant chicken broth packed with rice noodles, bean sprouts, onion, carrot, green onion, coriander, and topped with crispy fried red shallot.
Buna’s Kitchen offers curried butternut squash, kale, and sausage soups with complimentary baguette slices with a tasty roasted red pepper spread.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these Toronto health food stores and markets:
- Essence of Life Organics at 50 Kensington Ave
- Super Natural Market & Organic Groceries at 210 Augusta Ave
- Organic Garage at 42 Hanna Ave
- The Big Carrot Danforth Community Market at 348 Danforth Ave
- Nature’s Signature Health Food Store at 2155 St Clair Ave W #1A
- Little Green Planet at 28 St Andrew St
- Fresh City at 111 Ossington Ave
Organic Garage stocks a variety of vitamins, health supplements, and beauty products for hair, oral, feminine hygiene, face creams, and more.
The Big Carrot sells certified fresh and locally sourced organic products like meats, seafood, juices, and smoothies. Nature’s Signature Health Food Store provides a wide selection of vitamins, supplements, and healthy foods.
Little Green Planet offers a diverse range of natural and organic foods in your area including supplements, herbs, spices, and groceries.
Organic fruits, herbs, vegetables, salads, dairy, meats, seafood, beverages, condiments, sauces, and more are available at Fresh City.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are plenty of smoothie and juice shops near you:
- Daily Press Juicery at 200 Queen St W
- Village Juicery at 540 College St
- Greenhouse Juice at 5 Macpherson Ave
- Anti Vice at 853 College St
- Classic Juice at 287 Coxwell Ave
- St. Lawrence Juice Bar at 93 Front St E
- Revitasize at Sweat Shop, 70 Yorkville Ave
- Whale Juice & Blends at 3 Elm St
Both the Daily Press and Village Juicery make some of the best juices and smoothies near you.
Greenhouse Juice makes cold pressed drinks, booster shots, kombucha, plant based milks, and lemonades.
Anti Vice prepares numerous types of natural juices including apple, carrot, celery, beet, lemon, ginger, pineapple, grapefruit, vanilla, and more.
Classic Juice offers beverages made from raw, local, and seasonal vegetables that have been developed with medicinal benefits.
St. Lawrence Juice Bar sells thirst quenching smoothies, bubble teas, matcha, and more made with natural fruits and vegetables.
Refreshing cold pressed juices and booster shots are available at Revitasize.
Whale Juice and Blends offers various combinations of fruit flavors when making some of the best healthy smoothies in Toronto including pineapple, watermelon, grapefruit, orange, strawberry, peach, dragon fruit, kiwi, and more.
Gluten Free Bakeries In Your Area
Enjoy some fresh baked goodness at these gluten free bakeries:
- Whisked Gluten-Free Bakery at 1970 Ellesmere Rd #4
- Cock-A-Doodle-Doo Gluten-Free Bakeshop at 830 Bloor St W
- Bunner’s Bakeshop at 244 Augusta Ave
- Almond Butterfly Bakeshop & Café at 100 Harbord St
- Tori’s Bakeshop at 2188 Queen St E
- Hype Food Co. Bakery at 1060 Gerrard St E
- Sweets from the Earth at 101 Canarctic Dr
- Dough Bakeshop offers Gluten at 173 Danforth Ave
- Gemaro Bakery at 149 Main St
Delectable mac and cheese, maple almond cranberry granola, and the Monday burger are served at Whisked Gluten-Free Bakery.
Cock-A-Doodle-Doo is a gluten free bakery near you that sells a variety of sourdough and rye breads .
Fine gluten free celebration cakes, gigantic muffins, luscious cupcakes, and sweet cinnamon buns are prepared at Bunner’s Bakeshop.
Almond Butterfly Harbord provides selections of local gluten free chocolates, lemon vanillas, strawberry milkshakes, and more.
Numerous assortments of donuts, cookies, cupcakes, cakes, and muffins in various flavors are available at Tori’s Bakeshop.
Hype Food sells various gluten free alternatives to cakes, cupcakes, and muffins. Tasty cakes, cheesecakes, cookies, bars, squares, brownies, and muffins are prepared at Sweets from the Earth.
Gluten free butter tarts, pecan squares, brownies, carrot cakes, chocolate chip cookies, strawberry rhubarb pies, Nanaimo bars, and more are offered at Dough Bakeshop.
Gemaro Bakery offers organic quinoa, artisan burger buns, pizza crusts, and multi-seeded bagels with gluten free options.
You can also read our posts on:
- Local Healthy Restaurants in Ottawa & Gatineau
- Local Healthy Restaurants in Montreal
- Local Healthy Restaurants in Quebec City
- Local Healthy Restaurants in Winnipeg
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Toronto
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
While we try our best to keep these posts updated it isn’t easy, if you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Toronto.