We will be taking a closer look at where you can find healthy food and restaurants in Philadelphia today. We’ll do our best to cover all of the best locations near you to acquire nutritious foods so you will feel as good as possible when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area will get things going and vegetable lovers have plenty of options in this town. Other local healthy restaurants will come next, as well as nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious things at Philadelphia health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to be in control of how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will follow, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets will wrap it up.
Towards the end there will even be a healthy foods map that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. If you’re interested you can also check out our other posts on this area of the world at this link.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants would be:
- The Tasty at 1401 S 12th St
- Charlie Was A Sinner at 131 S 13th St
- Vedge at 1221 Locust St
- HipCityVeg at 127 S 18th St
- Green Box Kitchen at 400 N Market St, Wilmington
- Drop Squad Kitchen at 928 Justison St, Wilmington
- Bravo Pho at 1635 Haines Rd, Levittown
The Tasty offers freshly baked pastries and specialty burritos daily. Healthy meals with fresh local vegetables have been available at Vedge since 2011.
HipCityVeg provides a selection of plant based burgers, sandwiches, salads, frozen delights, and more. Delectable salads, smoothies, acai bowls, cold pressed juices, and grain bowls with vegetarian options in your area are prepared at Green Box Kitchen.
Philadelphia Healthy Restaurants
You can also try other healthy restaurants in Philadelphia like:
- Real Food Eatery at 207 S 16th St
- Fuel Healthy Kitchen at 1917 E Passyunk Ave
- Bar Bombón at 133 S 18th St
- Naked Lunch at 34 S 11th St
- Fresh2go at 3400 Westfield Ave, Camden
Real Food Eatery prepares fresh and organic menu items. Fuel Healthy Kitchen offers a variety of healthy salads, paninis, wraps, rice bowls, smoothies, and more. Bar Bombón specializes in plant-based organic proteins and grains.
Salad Bars In Your Area
There will be plenty of nutritious foods to choose from at salad bars near you:
- Just Salad at 1729 Chestnut St
- Animo Juice & Burrito Bar at 1701 Arch St
- Café Square One at 50 S 3rd St
- Fevzi’s Mediterranean Grill at 1 Market St, Camden
- Urban Cafe at 1201 N Market St, Wilmington
- The Five Four Bar & Grill at 8919 New Falls Rd, Levittown
Those local restaurants with good salads have so many options we can’t even begin to list them all. We suggest you look at those links and check out their menu to see if they sell the right salads that you are searching for.
Great soups can be found at these restaurants:
- Famous 4th Street Delicatessen at 700 S 4th St
- Good Spoon Soupery at 1400 N Front St
- Café Nhan at 1606 W Passyunk Ave
- Phở 75 at 1122 Washington Ave F
- Old San Juan Restaurant at 217 Marlton Ave, Camden
- Southeast Kitchen at 1901 Delaware Ave, Wilmington
- Golden Dawn at 7115 New Falls Rd, Levittown
You should find some tasty and healthy soups near you at any of the above. Of course many other places on this list will have good soups as well.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these local health food stores and markets:
- Essene Market & Café at 719 S 4th St
- MOM’s Organic Market at 34 S 11th St
- Sprouts Farmers Market at 1000 S Broad St
There are also a handful of Whole Foods Markets around the Philly metro area.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are quite a few Philadelphia smoothie and juice shops too:
- Four Seasons Juice Bar at 51 N 12th St
- Stripp’d Juice at 263 N 3rd St
- The Juice Room at 7127 Germantown Ave
- Made With Love Juicery at 547 N 20th St
- Fresh Fruits & Salads at 114 N 3rd St, Camden
- The Juice Joint at 323 Justison St, Wilmington
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe at 169 Levittown Pkwy St B, Levittown
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in your area should have plenty of good things to try:
- Taffets Bakery and Store at 1024 S 9th St
- P.S. & CO. at 1706 Locust St
- Beiler’s Bakery at 51 N 12th St
- Dessertcrazy at 1925 Fairmount Ave
- A & A Soft Pretzel Baking Co at 1100 N 32nd St, Camden
- Cakes By Kim at 15 Germay Dr St 200, Wilmington
- Bread & Buttercream Bakery at 1709 Marsh Rd #B, Wilmington
P.S. serves all natural, organic, vegan, gluten free, nondairy, and plant based baked goods in your area. Keto, low carb, gluten free, and low calorie pastries and other items are all available at Dessertcrazy.
We have also written about:
- Healthy Restaurants & Markets in Baltimore
- Healthy Restaurants & Markets in New York City
- Healthy Restaurants & Markets in Washington DC
- Healthy Restaurants & Markets in Atlantic City
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Philadelphia
After learning about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Philadelphia.