We will be taking a closer look at where you can find healthy food and restaurants in Buffalo today. We’ll do our best to cover all of the best locations near you to acquire nutritious foods so you will feel as good as possible when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area will get things going and vegetable lovers have plenty of options in this town. Other local healthy restaurants will come next, as well as nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious things at Buffalo health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to be in control of how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will follow, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets will wrap it up.
Towards the end there will even be a healthy foods map that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. If you’re interested you can also check out our other posts on this area of the world at this link.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants would be:
- Ashker’s Blackrock at 414 Amherst St
- Amy’s Place Restaurant at 3234 Main St
- Big Mood at 423 Elmwood Ave
Amy’s Place Restaurant provides Lebanese and American cuisine in a typical diner setting that is vegetarian and vegan friendly. Big Mood is a plant-based restaurant that makes everything in-house except for the Impossible Burger Patties and Daiya cheese.
Buffalo Healthy Restaurants
You can also try other healthy restaurants in Buffalo like:
- Feature Meals & Eatery at 598 Main St
- Hearty House at 2181 Clinton St
- Squeeze Juicery at 770 Elmwood Ave
- Homegrown Kitchen at 650 – 640 Main St
- The Healthy Scratch at 75 Main St #4
Hearty House provides wholesome food to a nomadic community and also is available for catering events. Squeeze offers cold-pressed juices, juice cleanses, smoothies, juice shots, wraps, salads, grab-and-go items, and Acai and Pitaya bowls.
They also produce some delicious hummus, use organic ingredients, and buy locally whenever possible. HomeGrown offers a full selection of fresh and innovative salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, soups, and smoothies in the heart of East Aurora Village.
Salad Bars In Your Area
There will be plenty of nutritious foods to choose from at salad bars near you:
- Dandelions Restaurant at 1340 N Forest Rd
- Taj Grill at 2290 Delaware Ave
- Scotch N’ Sirloin at 3999 Maple Rd
- Bailey Fish & Seafood at 3316 Bailey Ave
- Chris’ NY Sandwich Co at 395 Delaware Ave
Since 1982 Dandelions Restaurant has been serving the community with wedge, Caesar, and autumn salads. Green salad is one of the favorite items at Taj Grill’s restaurant.
Scotch N’ Sirloin has a wide range of soups, salads, sandwiches, and other dishes that are sure to please. Bailey Fish & Seafood serves homemade coleslaw, macaroni, and potato salad. Homemade pasta, tuna macaroni, side, and grilled chicken Caesar salads are all included at Chris’ New York Sandwich.
Great soups can be found at these restaurants:
- Dannys Restaurant at 3715 Genesee St
- Kostas Family Restaurant at 1561 Hertel Ave
- Globe Market at 762 Elmwood Ave
- 99 Fast Food Restaurant at 3398 Bailey Ave
- Blackthorn Restaurant & Pub at 2134 Seneca St
For more than a decade Dannys Restaurant has been serving their famous original buffalo chicken wing and other homemade soups. Kostas Family Restaurant has been selling healthy soups in your area since the late 1970’s. Globe Market first opened its doors in 2003 and everything is cooked from scratch including the breads, soups, and salads.
99 Fast Food Restaurant serves beef broth, beansprouts, Thai basil, recao, limes, and jalapeno peppers on the side. French onion, Irish beer, and soups of the day are all available at Blackthorn Restaurant & Pub.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these local health food stores and markets:
- Vitamin Shoppe at 1775 Walden Ave 100
- Feel Rite at 2141 Delaware Ave
- Lexington Co-op Markets at 807 Elmwood Ave
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are quite a few Buffalo smoothie and juice shops too:
- Squeeze Juicery at 5419 Main St
- Welbeze Juice + Eatery at 454 Evans St
- Ashker’s Juice Bar & Cafe at 1002 Elmwood Av
- The Healthy Scratch at 75 Main St
- Planet Smoothie at 3701 McKinley Pkwy
The Healthy Scratch offers cold-pressed juices, shots, smoothies, bowls, salads, toasts, sandwiches, drinks, and juice cleanses.
Squeeze Juicery uses cold-pressed juice, organic ingredients, and buys locally. Fruit, green, citrus, root juices, and seasonal bowls and smoothies are all available. Cold pressed bottled juice, squeezed and fruit smoothies, protein blends, and pitaya mixes are some of the top sellers at Welbeze Juice & Eatery’s bar.
At Ashker’s Juice Bar & Cafe they make cold-pressed press juice and smoothies which is also what Healthy Scratch is known for.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in your area should have plenty of good things to try:
- KKbakeshop at 5850 S Transit Rd
- Brains Bestgf at 247 Cayuga Rd
- Vinchet at 2178 Kensington Ave
- Ohlsons Bakery at 8500 Sheridan Drive
Gluten-free bread, muffins, cookies, cupcakes, pastries, and pie are available at Kkbakeshop. Whole grain sandwich buns, dinner rolls, bagels, and vegan rolls are all made by Brains Bestgf.
Vinchet is a delicious, fresh, and healthy alternative to pre-packaged baked goods such as breads, rolls, cake, cupcakes, cookies, pie, muffins, and donuts. Ohlsons Bakery provides you with delectable gluten-free choices including cookies, cakes, decadences, and tarts.
We have also written about:
- Paleo, Keto & Gluten-Free Options in Toronto
- Paleo, Keto & Gluten-Free Options in Rochester
- Paleo, Keto & Gluten-Free Options in Albany
- Paleo, Keto & Gluten-Free Options in New York City
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Buffalo
After learning about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Buffalo.