Over the next few minutes you should be learning quite a bit about healthy food and restaurants in Charlotte. Our main objective is to cover as much as we can so that you will be able to buy nutritious foods in your area and feel great when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants near you will get the ball rolling and vegetable lovers are not lacking for options here. More healthy restaurants will come next in addition to nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious ingredients at Charlotte health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to figure out just how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will get a quick shout out, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets and treats will round out the post.
Expect to find a local healthy foods map towards the conclusion that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. And we have written about numerous cities around the Southeast that you can check out at that link if interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
There are some really good vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area like:
- Living Kitchen at 2000 South Blvd #300
- Chopt Creative Salad at 9844 Rea Rd
- Bean Vegan Cuisine at 3001 E Independence Blvd
- Sprouts Café at 1012 S New Hope Rd, Gastonia
Living Kitchen serves salads, bowls, sandwiches, and burgers for lunch and dinner. Bean Vegan Cuisine has fried tofu fingers, quesadillas, salads, plates and bowls, sandwiches, and vegan bratwurst hoagies.
Sprouts Cafe offers garden-fresh vegetarian wraps in your area along with healthy sandwiches and flatbreads.
Charlotte Healthy Restaurants
There are plenty more healthy restaurants in Charlotte like:
- Yafo Kitchen at 1331 Central Ave #101
- Flower Child at 1537 Camden Rd
- Fern Flavors at 1419 East Blvd
- Juamoto Sunfired Cuisine at 11 Union St S #101, Concord
Yafo Kitchen is a fast-casual Middle-Eastern street food concept that elevates fast-casual meals with natural fresh baked loaves of bread, spreads, and juices with many vegetarian and vegan options, hormone-free options, shawarma-spiced rotisserie chicken, organic chickpea hummus, and homemade products like pickled veggies and hot mezze sides.
Flower Child’s made-from-scratch menu has something for everyone with many vegetarian and vegan meals near you plus gluten-free, keto, and paleo options as well as bowls, wraps, salads, and a range of mix-and-match veggies, grains, fruits, and healthy proteins.
Fern’s seasonal menus focus on plant-based and southern cuisine.
Salad Bars In Your Area
You can always get a nutritious meal at one of these salad bars near you:
Salata gives you the option to create your salad or wrap with over 50 fresh ingredients and a dozen distinctive dressings. Just Salad serves salads, warm bowls, wraps, avocado toast, soups, and plant-based smoothies in your area.
Chopt Creative Salad from our vegan restaurant in Charlotte list is also a great option.
McAlister’s at 4805 Park Road #101 serves sandwiches, tea, salads, soups, and giant spuds made with fresh and tasty ingredients. Just Salad is another great place to eat healthy local soups.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Buy your own fresh fruits and vegetables at these local health food stores and markets:
- Berrybrook at 1257 East Blvd
- Natural Marketplace at 8206 Providence Rd #1800
- Whole Foods Market at 400 E Stonewall St #A
- Sprouts Farmers Market at 15121 Ballancroft Pkwy #A
- Earth Fare at 8885 Christenbury Pkwy, Concord
- Organic Marketplace at 1012 S New Hope Rd, Gastonia
- The Bradford Market at 15915 Davidson-Concord Rd, Huntersville
There are 4 Whole Foods Market stores near you around the metro.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
Smoothie and juice shops are good options for a quick and healthy snack:
- Clean Juice at 7918 Rea Rd #D
- Green Brothers Juice Co. at 2230 Park Rd #103
- Hip Hop Smoothies at 249 Mt Holly-Huntersville Rd #210
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe 8948 J M Keynes Dr #410
- Jamba at 5501 Josh Birmingham Pkwy Concourse D
- Smoothie King at 360 Exchange St NW #105, Concord
- Fresh Vibes Juice Bar & Coffee Shop at 1675 Ebenezer Rd, Rock Hill
- Pulp Juice & Smoothie Bar at 1525 Celanese Rd, Rock Hill
Clean Juice serves acai bowls, wraps, salads, and protein smoothies. Jamba has plant-based meals, delectable bowls with fresh fruit toppings, protein-packed food, and healthy gluten and nut-free snacks.
Pulp Juice and Smoothie Bar also provides party trays with freshly prepared wraps and nutritious salads.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Sunflour at 2001 East 7th Street has a selection of local gluten free pastries, cakes, cupcakes, and breakfast items.
You might also want to know about:
- Vegan Restaurants in Raleigh
- Vegan Restaurants in Asheville
- Vegan Restaurants in Winston-Salem
- Vegan Restaurants in Charleston
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Charlotte
Now that you have read about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it should be easy for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page or if anything we mentioned has become dated please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Charlotte.