Today we will be taking a closer look at where you can find healthy food and restaurants in Boston. We’ll do our best to cover all of the best locations near you to acquire nutritious foods so you will feel as good as possible when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area will get things going and vegetable lovers have plenty of options in this town. Other local healthy restaurants will come next, as well as nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious things at Boston health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to be in control of how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will follow, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets will wrap it up.
Towards the end there will even be a healthy foods map that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. If you’re interested you can also check out our other blogs about eating well in the Northeast right there.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants would be:
- Zhu Pan-Asian Vegan Cuisine at 166 Massachusetts Ave
- My Thai Vegan Café at 3 Beach St #2
- Taco Party at 711 Broadway
- Veggie Crust at 445 Somerville Ave
- Veggie Galaxy at 450 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge
- Veggie Grill at 57 John F. Kennedy St, Cambridge
- Walnut Grille at 1203 Walnut St, Newton Highlands
- Cocobeet at 57 Central St, Wellesley
Zhu Pan serves a wide variety of healthy Asian meals near you. Taco Party provides plant based tortas, salads, nachos, tortilla chips, and Mexican brown rice.
Handcrafted pizzas, pies, paninis, spaghetti, salads, and ice cream are available at Veggie Crust. Veggie Galaxy is a great place to eat local salads, soups, sandwiches, burgers, waffles, donuts, mac and cheese, and more.
Walnut Grille prepares a selection of salads, soups, burgers, sandwiches, juices, smoothies, and pizzas.
Boston Healthy Restaurants
You can also try other healthy restaurants in Boston like:
- Energize at 265 Massachusetts Ave
- Clover Food Lab at 27 School St
- Beatnic at 399 Boylston St
- True Bistro at 1153 Broadway
- Life Alive at 765 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge
- Sweetgreen at 39 John F. Kennedy St, Cambridge
- B.Good at 55 Needham St, Newton
- Livite at 1644 Beacon St, Brookline
- Pure Cold Press at 326 Harvard St, Brookline
Energize prepares organic salads, smoothie bowls, juices, French toast, and sandwiches. Beatnic provides a variety of guacamole burgers, quinoa tacos, super crispy tempeh, and mac and cheese.
Flavorful warm bowls and salads are the specialty at Sweetgreen. Healthy wraps, smoothies, salads, and pressed juices are offered at Livite.
Pure Cold Press sells juices, acai bowls, smoothies, salads, sandwiches, and soups in Boston with vegetarian and vegan alternatives.
Salad Bars In Your Area
There will be plenty of nutritious foods to choose from at salad bars near you:
- Sprout at 305 Huntington Ave
- Foodie’s Markets at 230 W Broadway
- Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse at 200 Dartmouth St
- Express Gourmet at 11 River St, Wellesley
Sprout specializes in custom salads and grain bowls. Tasty soups, sandwiches, pastas, salads, and delicacies are all available at Foodie’s Markets.
Express Gourmet offers fine sandwiches, soups, and salads.
There are also great salad bars at places from our previous lists including Veggie Galaxy, Walnut Grille, Energize, Sweetgreen, B.Good, Livite, and Pure Cold Press.
Great soups can be found at these restaurants:
- Boston Chowda Co at 1 Faneuil Hall Market Pl
- Souper Roll Up Café at 726 Cambridge St, Cambridge
- New England Soup Factory at 244 Needham St, Newton
Tasty selections of signature local soups are prepared at Boston Chowda.
Souper Roll Up Café serves 5 gourmet soups every day from their variety menu of thirty or more offerings.
New England Soup Factory provides a wide range of scrumptious dishes including sandwiches, salads, desserts, and more.
Veggie Galaxy, Walnut Grille, Pure Cold Press, Foodie’s Markets, and Express Gourmet from some different lists offer really good soups in your area too.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these local health food stores and markets:
- East Boston Farm Stand at 75 Meridian St
- Daily Table Grocery at 450 Washington St
- Cambridge Naturals at 23 White St, Cambridge
- The Vitamin Shoppe at 170 Needham St, Newton Upper Falls
- Stop & Shop at 155 Harvard St, Brookline
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are quite a few Boston smoothie and juice shops too:
- The Juicery at 58 Salem St
- Jugos at 145 Dartmouth St
- Playa Bowls at 277 Huntington Ave
- Mother Juice at 291 Newbury St
- Revolution Health kitchen at 150 Huntington Ave
- Gypsy Place Coffee and Juice Bar at 90 Hampshire St, Cambridge
- Zoe Acai Bar at Massachusetts Ave #1876, Cambridge
The Juicery is a good place to go for nutritional supplements like protein powder, spirulina, matcha, chia seeds, and more to be added to your smoothies and juices.
Various acai, pitaya, and coconut bowls and smoothies are served at Playa. Mother Juice provides gluten free and vegan selections of breakfast bowls and salads.
Walnut Grille, Energize, Livite, and Pure Cold Press from our previous lists also make some of the best healthy juices and smoothies in Boston.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in your area should have plenty of good things to try:
- Jennifer Lee’s Gourmet Bakery at 100 Hanover St
- Violette Gluten Free Bakery at 1786 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge
- Fiore’s Bakery at 55 South St, Jamaica Plain
Jennifer Lee’s Gourmet Bakery specializes in cakes and cupcakes with nut, dairy, and gluten free options.
Violette Gluten Free Bakery sells cookies, cakes, breads, pastries, muffins, pies, and more.
Specialty cookies, scones, muffins, croissants, cakes, and biscotti with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free alternatives are available at Fiore’s Bakery.
We have also written about:
- Paleo, Keto & Gluten Free Options in Worcester
- Paleo, Keto & Gluten Free Options in Providence
- Paleo, Keto & Gluten Free Options in Portland, Maine
- Paleo, Keto & Gluten Free Options in New York City
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Boston
After learning about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Boston.