Over the next few minutes you should be learning quite a bit about healthy food and restaurants in Madrid. Our main objective is to cover as much as we can so that you will be able to buy nutritious foods in your area and feel great when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants near you will get the ball rolling and vegetable lovers are not lacking for options here. More healthy restaurants will come next in addition to nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious ingredients at Madrid health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to figure out just how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will get a quick shout out, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets and treats will round out the post.
Expect to find a local healthy foods map towards the conclusion that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. And we have written about numerous cities around Spain that you can check out at that link if interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
There are some really good vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area like:
- Distrito Vegano at Calle del Conde de Romanones, 10
- Yerbabuena at C. de Bordadores, 3
- Thunder Vegan Malasaña at C. de Don Felipe, 4
- Los Andenes at C. de Fernández de los Ríos, 43
- Levél Veggie Bistro at Av. de Menéndez Pelayo, 61
- La Encomienda at C. de la Encomienda, 19
Homemade vegan burgers, hot dogs, and other comfort foods are served at Distrito Vegano. Yerbabuena is a vegan and vegetarian restaurant near you that is noted for its pizza and Mexican influenced specials.
Thunder Vegan Malasaña is a vegan fast food restaurant offering large burgers, tater tots, and loaded fries along with baked goods. Peruvian cuisine including pasta and rice dishes is a specialty of Los Andenes.
Levél Veggie Bistro specializes in local raw vegan cuisine featuring trademark dishes like meatless lasagna. You can eat vegan breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert in a casual atmosphere at La Encomienda.
Madrid Healthy Restaurants
There are plenty more healthy restaurants in Madrid like:
- Roots Lamarca at C. de Fernando VI, 10 #4
- Honest Greens Castellana at P. de la Castellana, 89
- Rawcoco Madrid, Salamanca at Calle del Gral. Pardiñas, 21
- Ambrosía healthy Food at C. Gral. Álvarez de Castro, 23
- Healthy Poke at C. de Toledo, 26
- Mafrens at Pl. de Cascorro, 12
- Bumpgreen at C. de Velázquez, 11
Roots Lamarca makes healthy protein, fruit, and breakfast bowls. Plant based and gluten free dishes in your area are the specialties of Honest Greens Castellana.
Rawcoco has a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere as well as a menu of organic, healthy, and seasonal dishes. Delectable healthy and balanced foods that are created and cooked by experienced chefs and dieticians are provided at Ambrosía Healthy Food.
Healthy Poke offers excellent vegan options in Madrid while Mafrens serves healthy meals and vegan burgers. Plant based breakfast is also available at Bumpgreen.
Salad Bars In Your Area
You can always get a nutritious meal at one of these salad bars near you:
- Honest Greens Hortaleza at C. de Hortaleza, 100
- Faborit Plaza de España at C. de la Princesa, 2
- Salad Var at C. del Padre Francisco Palau y Quer, 7
- Restaurante Pinale at Calle del Gral. Pardiñas, 23
- Carmencita Bar at C. de San Vicente Ferrer, 51
Honest Greens Hortaleza provides excellent nutritious meals including salads and all of their goods are ethically sourced, organic whenever feasible, unprocessed, and free of artificial preservatives, chemicals, or refined sugars.
In a casual setting with modern décor Faborit Plaza de España serves nutritious meals including some of the best salads near you. Vegetarian wraps, salads, and fruit and vegetable juices are available at Salad Var.
Restaurante Pinale is an industrial chic cafe offering organic muesli, herbal teas, and smoothies as well as salads and pastries.
Delicious brunch items such as salads, eggs, and burgers with vegan and gluten free options are available at Carmencita Bar. La Hummuseria and Almalibre Açaí House from some different lists are also good options for salads in Madrid.
Really good soups can be found at these restaurants:
- Igo Ramen at C. de Tudescos, 4
- La Hummuseria at C. de Hernán Cortés, 8
- Ramen Kagura Ópera at C. de las Fuentes, 1
- Zuppa at C. de Atocha, 47
In a contemporary setting Igo Ramen serves traditional Japanese noodle soups and dumplings. Many people love to eat vegetarian Middle Eastern fare like shakshuka, salads, soups, and meze platters at La Hummuseria.
Ramen Kagura Pera is a good place to go for sushi, gyoza dumplings, ramen soups, and desserts. Healthy and delicious recipes with an emphasis on creams, cold soups, and other classics are provided at Zuppa.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Buy your own fresh fruits and vegetables at these local health food stores and markets:
- Veggie Room at C. de San Vicente Ferrer, 19
- Planeta Vegano at C. del Ave María, 34
- Hualian Market II at C. de Leganitos, 9
- Antón Martín Market at C. de Sta. Isabel, 5
- La Nodriza at C. de los Caños del Peral, 5
The Veggie Room is a cozy natural food store in your area specializing in vegetarian, vegan, and organic groceries and prepared foods. You can buy organic vegan groceries, prepared foods, juices, and supplements at Planeta Vegano from 10am to 9pm Monday through Friday and from 11pm on Saturday.
Hualian Market II has an endless supply of healthy local products which are available from 10am to 10pm daily. Antón Martín Market’s first two floors are dedicated to fish, meat, fruit and vegetable stalls, bakeries, and organic product stalls.
A wide variety of healthy products including vegan, gluten free, and sugar free items are available every day from 12pm to 9pm at La Nodriza.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
Smoothie and juice shops are good options for a quick and healthy snack:
- Juicy Avenue at C. Serrano, 93
- Frutas Prohibidas at C. del Conde Duque, 26
- Jungle Juice Bar at C. de Monforte de Lemos, 36
- Cafe Green Bakery at C. de Meléndez Valdés, 49
- Almalibre Açaí House Madrid at C. de la Libertad, 17
- Origen Taste The World S.L. at C. de las Maldonadas, 7
Juicy Avenue offers high quality juices, smoothies, and healthy foods in a fresh and welcoming environment. Frutas Prohibidas is a cafe, juice bar, and vegan restaurant serving 100% natural products made in front of you.
Healthy and delicious smoothies and juices near you that are made using some of the best local fruits and greens are offered at Jungle Juice Bar. You can get juices, smoothies, banana pancakes, fresh homemade food, and more at Cafe Green Bakery.
Almalibre Açaí House is a vibrant intimate eatery specializing in healthy salad plates and smoothie bowls. Natural juices and artisan pastries with global flavors are available at Origen Taste The World SL.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in Madrid should have plenty of good things to try:
- LAIB Madrid at Paseo de la R. Cristina, 30
- 0% Gluten Madrid at C. de Vallehermoso, 33
- Sana Locura Gluten Free Bakery at Calle del Gral Oraá, 49
LAIB is an artisan bakery selling gluten free, lactose free, and natural baked products that are made with organic flour and lots of love. Gluten free baked products are sold at 0% Gluten, while Sana Locura Gluten Free Bakery is a good place to buy rolls, baguettes, and desserts.
You might also want to know about:
- Healthy Local Business Information For Barcelona
- Healthy Local Business Information For Valencia
- Healthy Local Business Information For Lisbon
- Healthy Local Business Information For Paris
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Madrid
Now that you have read about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it should be easy for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page or if anything we mentioned has become dated please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Madrid.