Over the next few minutes you should be learning quite a bit about healthy food and restaurants in Lisbon. Our main objective is to cover as much as we can so that you will be able to buy nutritious foods in your area and feel great when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants near you will get the ball rolling and vegetable lovers are not lacking for options here. More healthy restaurants will come next in addition to nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious ingredients at Lisbon health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to figure out just how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will get a quick shout out, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets and treats will round out the post.
Expect to find a local healthy foods map towards the conclusion that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. And we have written about numerous cities around Europe that you can check out at that link if interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
There are some really good vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area like:
- Lisbon Vegan Restaurante at R. de Arroios 177
- Ao 26 at R. Vítor Cordon 26
- Organi Chiado at Calçada Nova de São Francisco 2
- My Mother’s Daughters at Largo de São Sebastião da Pedreira 49
- The Green Affair at Av. Duque de Ávila 30 A
The Lisbon Vegan Restaurant serves a broad variety of delectable vegan dishes and always has four or five hot items on the table including brown rice, basmati rice, couscous, soup, pizza slices, and vegan snacks.
All of the products at Organi Chiado are hand-picked and made with high-quality natural ingredients acquired from local respected manufacturers and are mostly organic with no animal products or additives.
Lisbon Healthy Restaurants
There are plenty more healthy restaurants in Lisbon like:
- Local at R. Rodrigues Sampaio 134
- The Food Temple at Beco do Jasmim 18
- Ela Canela at R. Azedo Gneco 74B
- Eight at Praça da Figueira 12A
- Jardim dos Sentidos at R. da Mãe de Água 3
Healthy cooking has conquered a new position in the heart of Lisbon with the inauguration of the store Local. Here you’ll find their daily breakfast menu as well as their restaurant menu which features a diverse selection of dishes ranging from vegan and vegetarian to fish and free-range chicken.
Jardim dos Sentidos combines spices and traditional ingredients from South American, European, and Oriental cuisines all while adhering to a lacto-vegetarian or completely vegan diet, and they offer Ayurvedic Massage, Reiki, and Aura Readings
Salad Bars In Your Area
You can always get a nutritious meal at one of these salad bars near you:
- Eight – The Health Lounge at Praça da Figueira 12A
- Restaurante da Calçada at Calçada do Carmo 35
- Vitaminas Garrett at R. Garrett 58
- Organi Chiado at Calçada Nova de São Francisco 2
Asian wonder brown rice, spinach, Asian tofu, purple cabbage, carrots, red pepper, and sesame seeds are some of the main ingredients you will find at The Health Lounge. Bean power, extragarbanza, super bowls, and wow feta are also available.
Chicken, fish, and vegetarian salads are available at Restaurante da Calcada.
Really good soups can be found at these restaurants:
- Koppu Ramen at R. Gustavo de Matos Sequeira 30
- Boa-Bao at Largo Rafael Bordalo Pinheiro 30
- Frade dos Mares at Av. Dom Carlos i 55A
Koppu Ramen offers miso shiru, tonkotsu ramen, tan tan ramen de galinha, chicken tan tan ramen, shoyo kamo soba, miso ramen vegetariano, and nerigoma ramen vegetariano. Boa-Bao is known for their vegan and gluten-free Thai soup and also serves a variety of vegetable soups, noodle soups, and potato soup.
Frade dos Mares is a good place to eat healthy seafood soups in your area. Organi Chiado is a healthy restaurant we mentioned earlier that is also known for great soups.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Buy your own fresh fruits and vegetables at these local health food stores and markets:
- Miosótis at R. Latino Coelho 89A
- Celeiro at R. 4 de Infantaria 31B
- Go Natural at Tv. do Carmo 1
- Time Out Market Lisbon at Av. 24 de Julho 49
- Supermercado Go Natural Estefânia at R. Joaquim Bonifácio 21
Smoothies & Juice Shops
Smoothie and juice shops are good options for a quick and healthy snack:
- Liquid at R. Nova do Almada 45
- Fruit Chop at R. da Boavista 91
- YAO Pressed Juicery at Largo Dr. António de Sousa Macedo 4 B
Liquid specializes on freshly squeezed juices and smoothies made with raspberries, apples, bananas, and chia seeds, and it’s topped with coconut shavings. Natural juice, fresh fruit, and superfood smoothies are available at Fruit Chops.
Seasonal fresh fruit, granola, and seeds are available at Yao Pressed Juicery. Eight from the salad bars list is another very good place to get healthy smoothies near you.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in Lisbon should have plenty of good things to try:
- Despensa N.6 at Av. Sacadura Cabral 6A
- Confeitaria Nacional at Praça da Figueira 18B
- Pastéis de Belém at R. de Belém 84 92
Despensa is a good place to buy gluten free breads and other healthy breads in your area. Confeitaria Nacional is another quality bakery that also has many healthy options.
Pastéis de Belém has many gluten-free options including gluten-free cupcakes. You might also want to know about:
- Porto Healthy Restaurants
- Madrid Healthy Restaurants
- Seville Healthy Restaurants
- Barcelona Healthy Restaurants
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Lisbon
Now that you have read about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it should be easy for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page or if anything we mentioned has become dated please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Lisbon.