Hopefully you are all ready to learn about where to find healthy food and restaurants in Sydney. We will try to cover all of the best places to get nutritious food in your area so that you can feel as good as possible after your meal.
The best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants will get the ball rolling. Mom always told you to eat your vegetables, well you certainly will be able to at these great venues.
Then we will get into some other healthy restaurants near you, plus discuss good salad bars and restaurants with good soups. Sydney health food stores and markets will follow them up, buying nutritious foods and cooking meals yourself is a great way to know just how good your diet really is.
Smoothies and juice shops will come next, and we will get you out of here with a few gluten free bakeries that should also have plenty of low sugar sweets and treats. Stick around for our local healthy foods map at the end that will have all the places we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
And we have written about numerous cities around Australia that you can check out at that link if interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
There are some really good vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area like:
- Bodhi Restaurant at 2/4 College St
- Alibi Bar & Kitchen at Ovolo Hotel, 6 Cowper Wharf Roadway
- Harvest Vegetarian Restaurant at 71 Evans St
- Little Turtle at 10 Stanmore Rd
- Kindness Vegan at Republic 2 Court Yard, 6/248 Palmer St
- Golden Lotus Vegan Newtown at 341 King St
Bodhi serves vegetarian and gluten free dishes in Sydney while being well known for the yum cha and Pan Asian cuisine. There are fine servings of vegetarian dishes including mushroom ravioli, Vietnamese rice paper rolls, pecan brussels sprouts, harvest curry, roasted pumpkin tortellini, and desserts at Harvest.
Vegan Thai dishes like poh pia spring rolls, BBQ tofu satay, crepe dumplings, vegetable tom yum soup, and corn som tum are available at Little Turtle. Kindness excels at providing Thai vegan cuisine and was named one of Sydney’s top ten Thai restaurants in 2021.
Some of the most popular Vietnamese vegan dishes at Golden Lotus Vegan include pho and laksa soup, charcoal grilled v pork skewers, spring rolls, and vegetable dumplings.
Sydney Healthy Restaurants
There are plenty more healthy restaurants in Sydney like:
- Kitchen by Mike CBD at 1/7 Bent St
- Vibe Wholefoods at Westfield, 5005/188 Pitt St
- Manna Healthy Way at F12A, 7-13 Hunter St
- Sanduba at 16/259 George St
- Mother Chu’s Vegetarian Kitchen at 367 Pitt St
Kitchen By Mike prepares a variety of nutritious, healthy, and vegetarian dishes near you every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can get local healthy and nutritious French toast, oats, acai bowls, baked goods, salads, and soups as well as juices and smoothies at Sanduba.
Chinese vegetarian dishes such as dim sum, wanton soup, fried rice with cashew nuts, stir fried noodles, and plenty more are available at Mother Chu’s.
Salad Bars In Your Area
You can always get a nutritious meal at one of these salad bars near you:
- Spresso Cafe & Salad Bar at 1/83 Clarence St
- Grow Salad & Juice at 4/126 Phillip St
- Stock Market Kitchen at 7/161 Castlereagh St
- Marlie’s Eatery at 6/2 Elizabeth Plaza
- Soul Origin Hunter Connection at H1/7–13 Hunter St
- Hole in the Wall at 229 Macquarie St
You can build your own salads as well as choose from a variety of stylized classics with freshly squeezed juices at Grow. Marlie’s is an Asian American barbecue restaurant offering salads, rice bowls, taco wraps, and soft rolls.
A variety of salads as well as healthy breakfasts and lunches in your area are served at Soul Origin Hunter Connection. Coffee, juices, and desserts are available at Hole in the Wall where they also offer build your own salads and sandwiches.
Both Sanduba and Top Juice from our other lists offer healthy salads too.
You can find some of the best healthy soups near you at Sanduba and Stock Market Kitchen who we have previously mentioned.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Buy your own fresh fruits and vegetables at these local health food stores and markets:
- Summer Hill Organic Fruit Market at 162 Old Canterbury Rd
- The Health Emporium at 263/265 Bondi Rd
- Petes Organic Market at 101 King St
- Unique Wholefood at 51-53 Flood St
- Honest to Goodness at 100 McEvoy St
- Vegan Grocery Store Sydney at 90 Glebe Point Rd
Smoothies & Juice Shops
Smoothie and juice shops are good options for a quick and healthy snack in your area:
- Smoothies & Juice Bar at 7 Hunter St
- Joe & The Juice at Colonial Mutual Life Bldg, 139 Pitt St
- Top Juice at The Galeries Lower Ground Fl, 500 George St
- Boost Juice George St at 10.K1/644 George St
- Juice Island at 505 George St
Many people buy local vegan shakes as well as healthy acai and spirulina bowls at Joe and The Juice. Top Juice provides fruit and garden salads, yogurts, muesli, acai bowls, and yogurt chia pudding in addition to being well known for their juices and smoothies.
Don’t forget about Sanduba’s healthy smoothies from our best healthy restaurants list.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in Sydney should have plenty of good things to try:
- Imperial Gluten Free Bakery at 215-221 Victoria Rd
- Wholegreen Bakery CBD Cafe at 257 Clarence St
- Choices Gluten Free at # 2/25 King Rd
- Gluten Free Cake Nation
Gluten free breads, pizza bases, assorted donuts, wraps, lemon meringue tart, carrot cake, quiche, chocolate brownie, and cookies are available at Imperial. Some of the most popular options at Wholegreen Bakery include quiche Lorraine, beef and onion pie, plain sourdough bread, and croissant. Their award winning lemon meringue tart and chocolate éclair are a must try.
Choices bakes gluten free breads, pies, cakes, and pizzas near you. Gluten Free Cake Nation provides a fine assortment of cakes including red velvet, chocolate, rainbow, marble, vanilla, carrot, and orange that are free of gluten, lactose, dairy, soy, and corn.
You might also want to know about:
- Melbourne’s Local Healthy Restaurants
- Adelaide’s Local Healthy Restaurants
- Gold Coast’s Local Healthy Restaurants
- Brisbane’s Local Healthy Restaurants
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Sydney
Now that you have read about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it should be easy for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page or if anything we mentioned has become dated please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Sydney.