Today we are going to be going on a deep dive into where to find healthy food and restaurants in Adelaide. We will try to cover all of the best places to get nutritious food in your area so that you can feel as good as possible after your meal.
Kicking things off will be the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants. Mom always told you to eat your vegetables, well you certainly will be able to at these great venues.
Then we will get into some other healthy restaurants near you, plus discuss good salad bars and restaurants with good soups. Adelaide health food stores and markets will follow them up, buying nutritious foods and cooking meals yourself is a great way to know just how good your diet really is.
Smoothies and juice shops will come next, and we will get you out of here with a few gluten free bakeries that should also have plenty of low sugar sweets and treats. Stick around for our local healthy foods map at the end that will have all the places we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
Plus you are welcome to read our other posts on the region at that link if you are interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in Adelaide would be:
- Veggie Vie Cafe at 16 McHenry St
- Veggo Sizzle at 358 King William St
- Zenhouse Tea Corner at 17-19 Bent St
Veggo Sizzle has an extensive menu that is both refreshing and reasonably priced catering to a wide spectrum of tastes with authentic international meals and the restaurant’s own creations. The team is also proud to present a 100% plant-based menu that may accommodate special dietary needs and offers a wide choice of gluten-free options.
Zenhouse Vegetarian Yum Cha has a diverse lunch and dinner menu that includes Asian and Western-fusion dishes and yum cha which is available all day.
Adelaide Healthy Restaurants
More healthy restaurants in your area are:
- Jack Greens at 36 Waymouth St
- Two-Bit Villains at Adelaide Arcade
- Nutrition Republic Goodwood at Shop 1/100 King William Rd
- Raw & More Nourishing Cafe at 4/120 Semaphore Rd
- Thea Tea Shop at 110 Gawler PI
Jack Greens is dedicated to sourcing fresh produce from farms in regional South Australia along with a thoughtfully planned menu that proves that eating healthy can be both pleasurable and tasty. Two-Bit Villains has been defying stereotypes about vegetarianism with their plant-based Americana cuisine and the diner is located in Adelaide Arcade’s historic Grand Ballroom which features a balcony with views of Rundle Mall.
Thea Tea Shop is a vegetarian and vegan cafe with a huge selection of premium oolong teas, a complete list of the chef’s vegan dishes is available, and the shop has a large selection of teas from Taiwan and throughout the world.
Salad Bars Near You
These local salad bars should have plenty of nutritious foods to choose from:
- Hello Sarnie at 147 Pirie St
- Grill’d Rundle at 187 Rundle St
- The Original Coopers Alehouse at 316 Pulteney St
- Grass Roots at 30 Pirie St
Chicken, cranberry, avocado, chicken, broth risoni, roast tomato, Danish feta salad, roast sweet potato, spiced chickpeas, and pomegranate salad are all available at Hello Sarnie. At Grill’d Rundle they have a superpower salad that is low carb, gluten-free, and dairy-free plus it’s vegan and vegetarian.
Grass Roots offers many salad combos, tabouli, chickpea, potato, sides like frittata, filo, and rice balls. Jack Greens from the vegetarian restaurants list is also known to have a great salad bar near you.
These restaurants are known for their great soups:
- Phonatic Restaurant at 171 Hindley St
- Pho SA at 42 Currie St
- Mr Viet at 8/20 James Pl
- House Of Chow Restaurant at 82 Hutt St
- Ramen & Izakaya Himeji at 22 Grote St
Canh chua, vegetarian catfish, snapper salmon, and seafood combo soups are all available at Phonatic Restaurant. Pho SA Restaurant is also known to have many good Asian healthy soups.
The traditional beef noodle soup is served at Rundlemall Restaurant. House Of Chow Restaurant has many healthy options including tasty seafood soups.
Ramen & Izakaya Restaurant is a good place to try out Japanese soups in your area. Jack Green’s is also known for their soups.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these Adelaide health food stores and markets:
- House of Health Collective at 44-60 Gouger St
- Whole+Some at Shop 21/22 Central Market Plaza
- Glenelg Health Foods at 2/59 Jetty Rd
- Semaphore Health Foods at 48A Semaphore Rd
- Romeo’s Organic Wholefoods at 11/71-79 O’Connell St
- GD Wholesale Fruit Supplies at 22 Suffolk Rd
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are plenty of smoothie and juice shops near you:
- Boost Juice at Shop K7, Port Adelaide
- Juiced Life Rundle Place at Rundle Place
- Boost Juice Glenelg at Shop/31A Jetty Rd
- Mouthfuls Café at shop 10/52 Hindley St
- Juice Institute at 218 Main Rd
- Delicia Acai + Protein Bar at 74A Melbourne St
You will find all kinds of healthy smoothies with fruit, coffee, energy boosters, protein, and more at Boost Juice Restaurant. Acai smoothies, antioxidants, matcha and more are available at Juiced Life Juice.
Superfood smoothies like morning glory, immune boosters, green smoothies, and acai smoothies are available at Mouthfuls Café Restaurant in addition to a lot of juices. Delicia Acai offers a wide range of unique plant-based and dairy-based smoothies.
Gluten Free Bakeries In Your Area
Enjoy some fresh baked goodness at these gluten free bakeries:
- Gluten Free Creations at Shop B/1329 Northeast Rd
- Food For You Especially at 93 Walkersville Terrace
- Bakery on O’Connell at 128-130 O’Connell St
- Gluten’s Freed at Shop 1/107-111 Portrush Rd
- Providore at 66/44-60 Gouger St
Cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes, tarts, biscuits, vegan, custom cakes, breads, and catering are available from Gluten Free Creations. Florentines and melting moments are served at the Providore.
You can also read our posts on:
- Local Healthy Restaurants in Melbourne
- Local Healthy Restaurants in Sydney
- Local Healthy Restaurants in Brisbane
- Local Healthy Restaurants in Perth
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Adelaide
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
While we try our best to keep these posts updated it isn’t easy, if you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Adelaide.