Today we are going to be going on a deep dive into where to find healthy food and restaurants in Milan. We will try to cover all of the best places to get nutritious food in your area so that you can feel as good as possible after your meal.
Kicking things off will be the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants. Mom always told you to eat your vegetables, well you certainly will be able to at these great venues.
Then we will get into some other healthy restaurants near you, plus discuss good salad bars and restaurants with good soups. Milan health food stores and markets will follow them up, buying nutritious foods and cooking meals yourself is a great way to know just how good your diet really is.
Smoothies and juice shops will come next, and we will get you out of here with a few gluten free bakeries that should also have plenty of low sugar sweets and treats. Stick around for our map at the end that will have all the places we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
Plus you are welcome to read our other blogs on healthy places to eat around Italy right there.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in Milan would be:
- MiBiò Bistrot at Via Andrea Solari, 60
- CIBO at Via Achille Maiocchi, 26
- Veganfruttariano at Via Ignazio Ciaia, 4
- Alhambra Risto Veg at Via S. Gregorio, 17
MiBiò Bistrot provides a variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes in your area that are made with high quality ingredients. Healthy mixes of grains, veggies, legumes, soy, and wheat proteins are offered at CIBO.
Freshly prepared organic foods with gluten free alternatives are available at Veganfruttariano.
Milan Healthy Restaurants
More healthy restaurants in your area are:
- La Vecchia Latteria at via dell’Unione, 6
- Joia at Via Panfilo Castaldi, 18
- Healthy Color at Via della Moscova, 41
Joia prepares natural and unrefined grains, beans, rice, and cereals. Healthy Color offers local meals and dishes with vegetarian, free from gluten, lactose, and nut options.
Salad Bars Near You
These local salad bars should have plenty of nutritious foods to choose from:
- Italian Creative Salad at Via Gerolamo Tiraboschi, 1
- Salad House at Via Sant’Agnese, 14
- Viva at Largo della Crocetta, 2
Those local restaurants with good salads have so many options we can’t even begin to list them all. We suggest you look at those links and check out their menu to see if they sell the right salads that you are searching for.
These restaurants are known for their great soups:
- CUCCA at Via Meravigli, 16
- Casa Ramen at Via Luigi Porro Lambertenghi, 25
- Zazà at Via Solferino, 48
- Ramen a Mano at Via Paolo Lomazzo, 20
You should find some tasty and healthy soups near you at any of the above. Of course many other places on this list will have good soups as well.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these Milan health food stores and markets:
- Terroir at Via Macedonio Melloni, 33
- Naturasì at Via Cesare Correnti, 10
- Centro Botanico at Piazza S Marco, 1
- Effecorta at Via Franco Faccio, 11
- ZeroPerCento at Via Padre Luigi Monti, 24A
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are plenty of smoothie and juice shops near you:
- Juice Bar at Via Agnello, 18
- Fruits of Brazil at Via Rivoli, 2
- Fruit & Salad at Fronte Civico 11, Piazzale Susa
Gluten Free Bakeries In Your Area
Enjoy some fresh baked goodness at these gluten free bakeries:
- GluFree Bakery at Via Curtatone, 6
- Officinazero at Viale Andrea Doria, 44
- California Bakery at Piazza Sant’Eustorgio, 4
Artisanal baked breads, pastries, delicacies, and coffees with gluten and lactose free options are served at GluFree Bakery. Officinazero offers delectable gluten free breads, desserts, and more near you.
California Bakery has been in business for over a decade and serves classic American cuisine and desserts with gluten free options.
You can also read our posts on:
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten Free Bakeries in Turin
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten Free Bakeries in Venice
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten Free Bakeries in Florence
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten Free Bakeries in Rome
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Milan
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
While we try our best to keep these posts updated it isn’t easy, if you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Milan.