Over the next few minutes you should be learning quite a bit about healthy food and restaurants in Istanbul. Our main objective is to cover as much as we can so that you will be able to buy nutritious foods in your area and feel great when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants near you will get the ball rolling and vegetable lovers are not lacking for options here. More healthy restaurants will come next in addition to nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious ingredients at Istanbul health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to figure out just how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will get a quick shout out, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets and treats will round out the post.
Expect to find a local healthy foods map towards the conclusion that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. And we have written about numerous cities around the region that you can check out at that link if interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
There are some really good vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area like:
- Bi Nevi Deli at Etiler, Bahtiyar Sk. 10-1
- kafeNAsanat at Türkali, Nüzhetiye Karakol Sk. No:3
- Veganarsist at Halaskargazi, Nişantaşı, Kuyumcu İrfan Sk. No:19/A
- Vegan Istanbul at Firuzağa, Türkgücü Cd. No:51
- Mahatma Café & Restoran at Rasimpaşa, Rasimpaşa Mah. Prof.Dr, Macit Erbudak Sk. No:50/A
- Rulo Lezzetler at Caferağa, Nail Bey Sk. No:15
- Community Kitchen at Ayvansaray, Lavanta Sk. No:14
Bi Nevi Deli uses seasonal vegetables, fruits, grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds and caters to a range of diets including vegan, vegetarian, and more. Vegan is a store, restaurant, and café providing delicious cookies, cakes, pastries, rice puddings, teas, coffees, breakfasts, healthy hot soups, homemade jams, pickles, tarhanas, ravioli, tortellini, yogurts, cheese, and even vegetable milk. Mahatma is a 100% vegan café and restaurant near you preparing quality dishes we bet you will love.
Istanbul Healthy Restaurants
There are plenty more healthy restaurants in Istanbul like:
- Plus Kitchen at Teşvikiye, Ahmet Fetgari Sk No:31
- Gabfoods at Kuruçeşme Mahallesi, Kuruçeşme Cd. No:2
- Healin Foods at Teşvikiye, Hüsrev Gerede Cd. No:110
- Galata Kitchen at Müeyyedzade, Tatar Beyi Sk. 9 B
For great vegan and paleo dishes in your area that are free of gluten, refined sugar, and dairy head to Gabfoods’s. Since 2017 Healin Foods has been offering dishes with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options. Over 60 different traditional Turkish foods with vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free options including soups and appetizers are served at Galata Kitchen.
Salad Bars In Your Area
You can always get a nutritious meal at one of these salad bars near you:
- Yeşil No. 11 Salad & Juice Bar at Teşvikiye, Osman F. Seden Sk. 11A
- T Sandwich Salad at Esentepe, Nimet Abla Camii Dükkanları 104/E, Büyükdere Cd.
You can design your own salad with a variety of dressings to choose from as well as get detox drinks and smoothies made with lactose free milk at Yeşil No. 11.
Really good soups can be found at these restaurants:
- Karaköy Çorba Evi at Kemankeş Karamustafa Paşa, Mumhane Cd. No:35
- Soup Soup Çorbacı at Asmalı Mescit, Asmalı Mescit Cd. 3/A
Karaköy Çorba Evi has been making 21 different types of soup every day since 2014. Both Vegan and Galata Kitchen from our other lists offer quality local soups too.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Buy your own fresh fruits and vegetables at these local health food stores and markets:
- Ekoorganik at Beylikdüzü OSB Birlik Sanayi Sitesi 3. Caddesi Keleşoğlu Plaza No:3, D:4
- Vegan Dükkan at Cihangir, Sıraselviler Cad, Soğancı Sk. 8/C
- Vegan Bakkal Moda at Caferağa Mh, Bademaltı Sk. No:38/C
- Organic Food Market at Cumhuriyet Mah., Gökkuşağı Sok
Smoothies & Juice Shops
Smoothie and juice shops are good options for a quick and healthy snack:
- Tahtakale Mey Vitamin at Sarıdemir, Kutucular Cd. No: 35
- JUİCERY Coldpress Smoothies & More at Sırselviler Caddesi Soğancı sokak no7B
- Ananas Juice Bar at Cihangir, Başkurt Sk. 34/A
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in Istanbul should have plenty of good things to try:
You might also want to know about:
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten-Free Bakeries in Sofia
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten-Free Bakeries in Athens
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten-Free Bakeries in Bucharest
- Smoothies, Juice & Gluten-Free Bakeries in Kiev
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Istanbul
Now that you have read about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it should be easy for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page or if anything we mentioned has become dated please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Istanbul.