Today we are going to be going on a deep dive into where to find healthy food and restaurants in Bucharest. We will try to cover all of the best places to get nutritious food in your area so that you can feel as good as possible after your meal.
Kicking things off will be the best local vegan and vegetarian restaurants. Mom always told you to eat your vegetables, well you certainly will be able to at these great venues.
Then we will get into some other healthy restaurants near you, plus discuss good salad bars and restaurants with good soups. Bucharest health food stores and markets will follow them up, buying nutritious foods and cooking meals yourself is a great way to know just how good your diet really is.
Smoothies and juice shops will come next, and we will get you out of here with a few gluten free bakeries that should also have plenty of low sugar sweets and treats. Stick around for our local healthy foods map at the end that will have all the places we mention throughout the post pinned on it.
Plus you are welcome to read our other posts on the region at that link if you are interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
Some of the best vegan and vegetarian restaurants in Bucharest would be:
- Sublimmme at Splaiul Independentei NR 2F
- Level Up at Strada Sfânta Vineri 10
- Sara Green at Bulevardul Lascăr Catargiu 43A
- Mr Cigkofte at Bulevardul Nicolae Bălcescu #18
- VanFruct Specialty at Strada Ion Câmpineanu 21
Sublimmme is a local raw-vegan bakery and restaurant that offers sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, additive-free, preservative-free, raw vegan cakes, fasting, and keto options made entirely of high-quality ingredients based on fruits and seeds. Level Up has a concept of fresh, healthy, plant-based fast food and healthy living food.
Their first product is the Next Level Burger and their second creation is the Wow Pizza which features an Italian counter, homemade tomato sauce, and cashew mozzarella. Sara Green serves beverages, burgers, wrap-uri, hummus, salads, sweets, jam, biscuits, and cakes.
Bucharest Healthy Restaurants
More healthy restaurants in your area are:
- Bistro Raw & Vegan at Strada Transilvaniei #11
- Aubergine Restaurant at Strada Smârdan 33
- Simbio at Strada Negustori 26
- Energiea at Strada Ion Brezoianu 4
A variety of healthy main vegan dishes like spaghetti and tagliatelle, appetizers, juices, smoothies, and more are provided at Bistro Raw & Vegan. Aubergine offers a one-of-a-kind gastronomic experience combining fusion, classic Mediterranean, Israeli, and Egyptian culinary components. Their chefs prefer to cook with only fresh and carefully selected ingredients creating a must-visit place for all foodies including vegetarians and vegans.
At Simbio the kitchen is open and you can see how they prepare your favorite foods, the garden is a haven away from the city, and the bar is a great place to lose sight of time. Energiea is a pub and an urban hub that has a cuisine based on healthy cooking principles like homemade dishes prepared without the use of artificial additives or flavor enhancers in a deconstructed decor with a strong focus on sustainability.
Salad Bars Near You
These local salad bars should have plenty of nutritious foods to choose from:
- Salad Revolution at Strada Rabat
- Salad Box at Calea Floreasca 246B
- WienerHaus at Bulevardul Dacia #137
- Lugo Restaurant Piata Romana at Strada George Enescu 23
- Romanian Craft Beer at Calea Victoriei 91, 93
Each of these healthy local restaurants with good salads have so many options we can’t even begin to list them all. We suggest you check out their menu and see if they sell the right salad that you are searching for.
For a variety of Italian and Asian salads head to Lugo Restaurant Piata Romana.
These restaurants are known for their great soups:
- Ciorbărie Eminescu at Strada Mihai Eminescu 114
- Bazaar at Strada Covaci 10
- Le Boutique – Food Concept Store at Strada Sfântul Ștefan 13
- Bone Restaurant at Calea Floreasca 198
All of the above sell too many healthy and delicious soups near you for us to mention so we are going to suggest that you take the above links to their menu and find the right options for you.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Pick out your own produce at these Bucharest health food stores and markets:
- Piaţa Obor at Strada Ziduri Moși 4
- Matache Market at Strada Cameliei
- Magazin Bio -Natural Market at Strada Levănțica 82,
- Real Foods Pipera-Plaza at Șoseaua N 14
- Ost Markt at Strada Maria Tănase nr 3
- Aliviano at Bulevardul Pipera 1i
Smoothies & Juice Shops
There are plenty of smoothie and juice shops near you:
- Tucano Coffee Guatemala at Calea Dorobanti 18
- Coffeol at St Franceza 44
- Rio Juice Dorobanti Intrarea Aviator Teodor Iliescu 2
- Starbucks at Sun Plaza, Calea Văcărești Numărul 391
- Tucano Coffee Guatemala at Calea Dorobanți 18
- Madame B Tea and Pancake House at Splaiul Unirii nr 49
Coffeol offers a large variety of natural juices and smoothies. Raspberry, strawberry, mixed berry, and exotic fruit smoothies are available at Madame B Tea and Pancake House.
Gluten Free Bakeries In Your Area
Enjoy some fresh baked goodness at these gluten free bakeries:
- L’Amande at Strada Lânăriei 93-95
- Bread & Spices at intersectie cu Str. Zagazului
- Mega Image at Strada Grigore Cobălcescu 45
L’Amande sells cakes, pastries, and other bakery products that are completely gluten-free. Bread & Spices sells breads, spices, Danish artisanal breads, chocolate and hazelnut biscuits, brioche ham and cheese, and sweet breads.
Mega Image offers white bread, butter croissants, rye flour toasted bread, sesame kaiser buns, Chifla kaiser alba, and corn flakes. Don’t forget about the vegan bakery in your area from our first list Sublimmme either.
You can also read our posts on:
- Belgrade Healthy Restaurants
- Sofia Healthy Restaurants
- Athens Healthy Restaurants
- Istanbul Healthy Restaurants
Enjoy Eating Healthy In Bucharest
We wish we had more to share but for now that is all we’ve got. After reading about all of those local vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it shouldn’t be hard for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
While we try our best to keep these posts updated it isn’t easy, if you noticed anything incorrect on this page please let us know in the comments. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in Bucharest.