Over the next few minutes you will hopefully learn a whole bunch about healthy food and restaurants in London. Our main objective is to cover as much as we can so that you will be able to buy nutritious foods in your area and feel great when your next meal is finished.
The best vegan and vegetarian restaurants near you will get the ball rolling and vegetable lovers are not lacking for options here. More healthy restaurants will come next in addition to nice salad bars and soup restaurants.
Buying nutritious ingredients at London health food stores and markets is a fantastic way to figure out just how healthy your diet really is. Smoothies and juice stores will get a quick shout out, and then a few gluten free bakeries with lots of fresh baked low sugar sweets and treats will round out the post.
Expect to find a local healthy foods map towards the conclusion that will help you locate all of the places we mention throughout the article. And we have written about numerous cities around the United Kingdom that you can check out at that link if interested.
Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants
There are some really good vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your area like:
- Holy Carrot at 2-4 Hans Cres
- Cafe Van Gogh at 88 Brixton Rd, Vassal
- Itadaki Zen at 139 King’s Cross Rd
- Farmacy at 74-76 Westbourne Grove
- Amrutha Lounge at 326 Garratt Ln
- The Vurger Co Shoreditch at #9, Richmix, Avant Garde, Cygnet St
Holy Carrot serves healthy plant based meals near you that are free of gluten and sugar as well as smoothies and other beverages. Their signature dishes include raw red pepper burrito, kohlrabi tartar, and crispy quinoa maki.
There are fine servings of gyoza, miso soup, tofu and mushroom croquette, tofu steak, miso ramen, and other Japanese vegan delicacies at Itadakizen. Farmacy makes seasonal sourdough pizzetta, loaded nachos, mac n’ cheese, soups, salads, and quinoa protein bowls.
Vegan burgers, mac n’ cheese, salads, shakes, fries, and plenty more are available at The Vurger Co.
London Healthy Restaurants
There are plenty more healthy restaurants in London like:
- Grain Kitchen at 13 Harrow Pl
- Choppaluna at 87 Marchmont St
- Natural Kitchen at 7 Pepys St
- The Good Life Eatery at 69 Marylebone Ln
- Eat Activ at 26 Noel St
- Kaleido at 1 Kingly St
Grain Kitchen offers a wide variety of healthful toppings such as veggies, sesame seeds, avocado, pickles, grilled chicken, vegan cheese, and much more. You can choose from over 60 fresh toppings and handcrafted dressings for your salads at Choppaluna where scrambled egg rolls, porridges, smoothies, and smoothie bowls are also provided.
Natural Kitchen makes great local salads, organic pastries, and global a la carte meals such as natural salmon, British beef, and chicken as well as organic coffee, freshly squeezed juices, and smoothies. Some of the most popular options at Kaleido include salad rolls, Vietnamese rice paper rolls, falafel, hummus, vegan chicken tikka, salmon, cream cheese, feta, and pesto.
Salad Bars In Your Area
You can always get a nutritious meal at one of these salad bars near you:
- Savage Salads at Berwick St
- Urban Greens at 20 Palmer St
- Chop’d at 7DZ, 6 Queens Head Passage
- The Salad Kitchen at 126 Whitecross St
- Salad Box at 22 Brick Ln
- Crazy Salad at 33-35 Woburn Pl, Russell Square
Chop’d has a large selection of salads in London along with platters, noodle soups, stews, curries, snacks, and yoghurts. Chia pudding, Greek yogurt, soups, fresh juices, nutritional mixes, and healthy wraps in your area are available at Salad Box.
Crazy has 11 customizable salad varieties and serves them with a choice of hummus, guacamole, garlic mayonnaise, and salsa. Other places in this post that are great for salads in London include Farmacy, The Vurger Co, Choppaluna, Natural Kitchen, Kaleido, Portobello, Joe and The Juice, and Crussh Fit Food.
You can find really good soups at Itadakizen, The Vurger Co, Chop’d, and Salad Box from our other lists.
Health Food Stores & Markets
Buy your own fresh fruits and vegetables at these local health food stores and markets:
- Planet Organic at Exchange Bldg, 132 Commercial St
- Bio Organix Health Store at # B, 141-153 Drummond St
- Healthfood Centre at 10 Warren St
- Zest Organic Food at 33 Dockhead
- Peppercorns Natural Health Foods at 260 W End Ln
- Whole Foods Market at 49 Parkway
There are 6 Whole Foods Markets near you but we don’t like filling up our lists with the same chains.
Smoothies & Juice Shops
Smoothie and juice shops are good options for a quick and healthy snack:
- Portobello Juice Café at 297 Portobello Rd
- EljugoBar at 47 Leather Ln
- Funky Juice at Fulham Rd
- Blend Juice+Coffee Bar at 101B Kensington Church St
- Joe & The Juice at 281 Regent St
- Crussh Fit Food & Juice Bars at 5-7 Nevill Ln, New St Square
Portobello excels at providing organic porridge, build your own salads, acai bowls, and raw vegan sweets as well as smoothies and juices. Natural and fat free frozen yogurts and superfoods like wheatgrass, aloe vera, ginger, chia seeds, spirulina, and many more options for your juice are provided at Funky.
Joe and The Juice makes really good acai bowls, salad bowls, and vegan shakes. You can get salads, health pots, wraps, sandwiches, toasties, yogurts, desserts, and energy balls at Crussh Fit Food.
Don’t forget about the juices and smoothies at Holy Carrot, Choppaluna, and Natural Kitchen from some different lists.
Gluten Free Bakeries Near You
Gluten free bakeries in London should have plenty of good things to try:
- The Gluten Free Bakery at 4 Print Village, 58 Chadwick Rd
- Pourtoi Artisan Gluten Free Bakery at Rear Basement, # 4 Sentinel Sq
- Manna Dew at Galapagos Foods, 169 Battersea High St, Battersea Park
- Libby’s Sugar & Gluten Free Bakery at 61 Ledbury Rd
Pourtoi has been producing award winning gluten free goodies in your area like cookies, brownies, cakes, and a variety of other delectable desserts for more than 10 years. Gluten free pastries, croissants, celebration cakes, artisan breads, bake at home pancake mix, and your favorite classic all day delights are offered at Manna Dew.
Libby’s Sugar and Gluten Free Bakery makes high quality cakes, traybakes, snacks, breads, pastries, breakfast cereals, curds, caramel, and chocolates.
You might also want to know about:
- Local Healthy Restaurants in Birmingham
- Local Healthy Restaurants in Manchester
- Local Healthy Restaurants in Dublin
- Local Healthy Restaurants in Paris
Enjoy Eating Healthy In London
Now that you have read about all of those vegan and vegetarian restaurants, other healthy restaurants, salad bars, places to get great soup, health food stores and markets, smoothies and juice shops, and gluten free bakeries in your area it should be easy for you to grab a delicious and nutritious meal in the near future.
If you noticed anything incorrect on this page or if anything we mentioned has become dated please let us know in the comments so we can keep our info as fresh as possible. Hopefully you enjoy eating healthy food at restaurants in London.